Senior Lecturer in Economic Geology
Job no: 497876
Work type: Full time
Categories: Balanced Research/Teaching
Senior Lecturer in Economic Geology
- Full time, ongoing position.
- Based in Hobart
- Make a sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
The Centre for Ore Deposit and Earth Sciences is widely regarded as a global leader in ore deposit research and training delivering high quality research outcomes and training of direct relevance to the mining industry nationally and internationally.
The Senior Lecturer in Economic Geology will participate in, develop, and lead ARC and industry-funded research into ore deposits targeted at growing the position of UTAS as a national and international research provider for the discovery and sustainable mining of new metal resources for the green economy. The appointee will also focus on contemporary skill development in students to create innovative learning experiences informed by partnerships with industry, community, and government.
- Participate in, develop, and lead ARC and industry-funded research into ore deposits
- Grow the position of UTAS as a national and international research provider for the discovery and sustainable mining of new metal resources for the green economy
- Participate in and contribute to CODES leadership and management committees
- Undertake high-quality research of national and international standing
- Secure external competitive and other funding
- Recruit and supervise research higher degree students
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate and postgraduate coursework teaching
- Inspire the next generation of economic geologists
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant field.
- A strong record in, and continuing commitment to, research in the field of Economic Geology
- A strong record of high-quality publications, presentations at conferences and success in securing external competitive and other funding
- A record of successful research higher degree supervision and completions
- Experience and demonstrated achievement in University-level teaching and learning
- A record of contributing effectively to building and maintaining effective and productive links locally and nationally with the discipline, profession, industry, and wider community
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level C and will have a total remuneration package of up to $168,623 comprising base salary within the range of $126,906 to $144,122 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role;
- Your responses to the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Sebastien Meffre, Head of Discipline/Professor, Sebastien.Meffre@utas.edu.au or +61 3 62267207
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
PD - Senior Lecturer in Economic Geology 497876.pdf
Applications close Sunday, 22 January 2023, 11.55pm
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend