Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Financial Planning
Job no: 496336
Work type: Full time
Categories: Balanced Research/Teaching
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Financial Planning
- Drive an effective contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities in the School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Full time, ongoing position based in Hobart.
The College of Business and Economics brings together the School of Accounting, Economics and Finance,
the School of Management and Marketing, and the Australian Institute of Health Service Management. The
College is focused on expanding Tasmania’s capacity for economic and social transformation, producing an
economy driven by regional distinctiveness.
The College has recently received AACSB accreditation recognising our commitment to providing high quality educational opportunities for students and standing as an internationally recognised business school.
The School of Accounting, Economics and Finance is seeking to appoint a Lecturer/ Senior lecturer in Financial Planning. In this balanced academic role, the position will deliver outcomes through high quality research, exemplary teaching into the Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning degree and the Master of Finance, and service designed to meet our strategic objectives. The Senior Lecturer will be expected to provide academic leadership particularly in fostering outstanding learning and teaching, within the Discipline of Finance and the School.
- Make a strong and sustained contribution to the University strategic objectives and operational responsibilities.
- Undertake high-quality research of national and international standing, secure external competitive funding, publish research findings and successfully supervise research higher degree students to completion.
- Undertake scholarly postgraduate coursework teaching of an exemplary quality.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of effective links inside the University, locally, nationally with the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession, industry, and wider community.
For Level C
• Provide academic leadership, particularly in fostering outstanding learning and teaching.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A PhD in the field of Financial Planning or a relevant field. Alternatively significant financial planning experience, a master’s in financial planning and a commitment to commencing or have significant progress towards the completion of PhD studies.
- A strong record in research, commensurate with experience, that has achieved national and preferably international recognition and made notable contributions to the field of Financial Planning, demonstrated by a record of high-quality publications, presentations at conferences and success in securing external competitive and other funding.
- Demonstrated achievement in University-level teaching and learning in Financial Planning.
- A team player that has a strong focus on people with an excellent ability to be agile and respond to change.
- A record of contributing to building and maintaining effective and productive links locally and nationally with the discipline, profession, industry, and wider community.
Additional requirement for Level C candidates:
- A record of good contributions to successful research higher degree supervision and completions.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $136,519 comprising base salary within the range of $100,508 to $116,683 plus 17% superannuation.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level C and will have a total remuneration package of up to $161,207 comprising base salary within the range of $121,325 to $137,784 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply:
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Dan Daugaard, Associate Professor of Finance, Dan.Daugaard@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 1434.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Wednesday, 27 October 2021, 11.55pm
Position Description -Lecturer in Financial Planning.pdf
Position Description -Senior Lecturer in Financial Planning.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfill the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend