Lecturer in Nursing
Job no: 497519
Work type: Full time
Categories: Teaching Intensive
LECTURER IN NURSING
- Full time, fixed term (13 month) position
- Based in Launceston
- Exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Registered Nurse
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join a dynamic team in the School of Nursing which is part of the College of Health and Medicine. The College has a focus on boosting health and medical research performance and evidence-based learning and teaching to educate a new generation of agile health professionals and researchers with capability in leadership and future-focused health care.
With a strong background in nursing practice this teaching intensive position will contribute to student success through the educational preparation of pre-registration and post graduate students of nursing. The successful candidate will assist in developing a positive culture that enables high levels of collaboration and productivity to support the vision of the University to deliver place-based education with high impacts for Tasmania.
Full time is preferred; however, a fractional role will be considered for clinicians or clinical educator.
- Make an effective and sustained contribution to the University and College in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
- Make a significant contribution in the teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate contemporary nursing curricula, including unit coordination, curriculum development, evaluation and utilising emerging and online technology.
- Advance and actively contribute to the University of Tasmania learning and teaching agenda including assuring compliance with the University of Tasmania and school Quality Assurance Framework and accreditation requirements.
- Actively participate in professional development as it relates to nursing and learning and teaching in higher education and participate in local health partner liaison and community engagement.
- Work cooperatively and foster collegial relationships with academic and professional staff within the School, College, and the broader University.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Registration as a Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA).
- Post graduate nursing qualifications and/or a masters qualification in nursing, or a health-related discipline.
- Experience in higher education learning and teaching in nursing and ability to: manage and coordinate units; develop nursing curricula and to deliver dynamic learning experiences in undergraduate and postgraduate programs across all delivery modes using contemporary teaching practices.
- Significant experience in nursing practice (with recency) including experience in a specialty area of nursing practice.
- Leadership capability with excellent interpersonal skills that support building transformative relationships with colleagues, students, and partners within and external to the University.
- Capacity to contribute in service to the profession and/or discipline of nursing and the broader University and community.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $136,519 comprising base salary within the range of $100,508 to $116,683 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Steven Campbell, Prof Clinical Redesign-Nursing, Steven.Campbell@utas.edu.au or (03) 6324 3604
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Wednesday, 6 July 2022, 11.55pm
Position Description - Lecturer in Nursing.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend