AAPP Business Manager
Job no: 498811
Work type: Full time
- Contribute to the delivery of a range of operational and strategic AAPP activities.
- Full-time, fixed-term until June 2029.
- Based in Hobart.
The Business Manager position will contribute to the Australian Antarctic Program Partnership (AAPP) activities. The AAPP is a major research program funded through the Antarctic Science Collaboration Initiative of the Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water (DCCEEW). The AAPP brings together government and non-government organisations to deliver and lead a significant part of the national Antarctic science program. The partnership is led by the University of Tasmania (UTAS), and includes the Australian Antarctic Division (AAD), CSIRO Oceans and Atmosphere, Geoscience Australia, the Bureau of Meteorology (BoM), the Tasmanian State Government and Australia’s Integrated Marine Observing System (IMOS).
The AAPP carries out research to understand the role of the Antarctic region in the global climate system and the implications for marine ecosystems, by enabling collaborative research aligned with the Australian Antarctic Science Strategic Plan and Australian Antarctic Strategy and 20 Year Action Plan. The AAPP research program includes about 80 cash and in-kind contributed staff members across the partnership and a cohort of higher degree research (HDR) students and student affiliates.
The AAPP Business Manager will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of a range of operational and strategic AAPP activities. Working closely with key internal and external stakeholders you will exercise management and leadership skills that will effectively support the AAPP.
- Provide high-level policy, procedural and business management support to the AAPP Program Leader in support of the Partnership operations.
- Provide high level operational management of administrative needs including finance, audit & risk, work health and safety, record management and human resources. This includes financial forecasting and planning.
- Assist Program Leader ensure compliance with reporting and contractual needs of the AAPP. This includes co-ordinating the preparation of formal reports, audit reports, and research delivery against contracted milestones under the Commonwealth funding agreement.
- Monitor and manage performance against KPI’s to ensure the implementation of strategic initiatives and operational projects. Identify gaps in operational projects and resolve as appropriate.
- Provide high-level support to the AAPP Management Committee to ensure the development, implementation and delivery of operational plans which can include business plans, budgets in accordance with set KPI’s.
- Manage the process of new appointments, contract renewals, contract cessations and casual appointments for the AAPP project, including the provision of accurate policy advice and financial and workforce forecasting , and ensuring compliance with relevant UTAS policy.
- Actively contribute to the University’s strategic mission through effective working relationships, both internal and external to the University, identifying and developing opportunities to enhance communications and engagement with key stakeholders
- Provide leadership and management of the AAPP professional services team including delivery and oversight of performance conversations, guidance for safety first and appropriate career planning.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the AAPP Program Leader (and AAPP Management Committee) within the scope and accountability of the role.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary or industry qualifications and relevant professional competence and experience.
- Proven human and financial resource management experience, including preparation of financial budgets and reports, project design and costing, contract management, and business and strategic plan development processes.
- Experience with policy interpretation and implementation including the commitment to continuously review and improve processes and procedures with the initiative to drive and implement those changes.
- Demonstrated high level oral, written, negotiation and inter-personal skills, along with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to think flexibly and be able to respond to changing needs.
- Excellent organisational skills and a demonstrated capacity to act independently within established guidelines, using discretion and sound judgement.
- Demonstrated operational leadership experience within a complex, partnership environment.
- Practical experience in the application of computer software packages including internet, email, advanced keyboard skills, spreadsheet, database and financial applications.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 8 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $139,269 comprising base salary within the range of $104,688 to $119,034 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- Please refer to the attached Position Description below for full details.
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role; and
- Your responses to the success criteria from the Position Description below.
- For further information about this position, please contact Nathan Bindoff, Program Leader – Australian Antarctic Program Partnership, email@example.com or 03 6226 2986.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
PD-AAPP Business Manager-498811.pdf
Applications close Monday, 12 June 2023, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend