Lecturer in Law
Job no: 495964
Work type: Full time
Categories: Academic - Teaching Focus
Lecturer in Law
- Fixed term, part-time and/or full-time positions until November 2021
- Based in Hobart
- Teaching focused positions across Corporations Law, Property Law, and Private Law Obligations and Remedies
The University of Tasmania is home to the fourth oldest and one of the best law schools in Australia. We share both a privilege and obligation as Tasmania’s only tertiary educator in law, which is why the key constant throughout our 125-year history has been excellence in teaching.
The Lecturer in Law is a teaching focused position that coordinates, teaches into and undertakes associated administration and scholarship for one or more units across the areas of Corporations Law, Private Law Obligations and Remedies, and Property Law. The successful applicant will be responsible for scholarly course design and development, and the delivery of teaching and assessment in legal skills in consultation with other staff within the Faculty.
Up to two positions are available for semester 2 2021, these may be either full-time or part-time, or a combination, depending on the appointable applicants.
- Make an effective and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and operational responsibility.
- Meet and regularly exceed the University’s performance expectations for appointment at academic Level B.
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate (and if relevant postgraduate) coursework teaching of a high quality.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University, within the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession and wider community.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Experience in University-level teaching and learning.
- A record of contributing to building and maintaining effective and productive links locally and nationally with the discipline, profession, industry (where relevant), and wider community.
- Industry/professional experience relevant to the position.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $133,842 comprising base salary within the range of $98,537 to $114,395 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply:
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the selection criteria.
- For further information, contact Professor Michael Stuckey, Dean of Law, College of Arts, Law and Education - Michael.Stuckey@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 2028
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Sunday, 20 June 2021, 11.55pm
Position Description - Lecturer in Law .pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfill the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend