Lecturer in Dementia
Job no: 495835
Work type: Part time
Categories: Academic - Teaching Focus
Lecturer in Dementia
- Fixed term, part time (0.8 FTE), until February 2022
- Based in Hobart
- Teaching intensive position
The Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre is at the forefront of translational research and support for issues confronting people with dementia and their carers.
The Lecturer in Dementia is a teaching intensive position which is focused on the development of, and teaching into, educational programs of the Wicking Centre and unit administration duties. The successful applicant will be aligned with an academic research background related to the care and/or prevention of dementia.
- Make an effective and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
- Participate in the development, design and flexible delivery of content of educational programs.
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate and postgraduate coursework teaching of a high quality.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of productive and effective links.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Postgraduate study or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Experience in University-level learning and teaching.
- A record of contributing to building and maintaining effective and productive links locally and nationally with the discipline, profession, industry and wider community.
- Clinical, industry or professional experience relevant to the position.
- Experience in University-level unit coordination, preferably via online education delivery.
- Ability to work collaboratively, fostering team and cross discipline environments.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $125,263 (pro-rata) comprising base salary within the range of $98,537 to $114,395 plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata).
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Alison Canty, Associate Professor, Alison.Canty@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 4667
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Wednesday, 19 May 2021, 11.55pm
Position Description -Lecturer in Dementia .pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend