ICT Security Analyst - Investigations
Job no: 495611
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information Technology
ICT Security Analyst - Investigations
- Fixed term, full time position until March 2024
- Based in Launceston.
- Provides guidance to first responders for handling information security incidents.
The University’s Information Technology Services (ITS) is an essential part of teaching, learning, research, and administrative activities.
The Security Analyst will be responsible for identifying, analysing, and influencing the management of information risks across the organisation. The successful applicant will develop and implement procedures and standards around a Cyber Security Framework, ongoing compliance assessment against the framework, and communication on ICT security matters to University members and ICT operational support staff.
We are an inclusive workplace committed to ‘working from the strength that diversity brings’ reflected in our Statement of Values. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people and are committed to inclusive principles. We celebrate the range of diverse assets that gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, age and life course bring. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. Tell us how we can make this job work for you.
- Champion the ICT Security agenda influencing positive outcomes in the use of ICT.
- Work collaboratively with other ICT Services teams and stakeholders across the University to effectively manage ICT Security compliance and ICT Security investigations.
- Develop and maintain effective reporting and communication methods to University Governance groups, University members and ICT operational staff.
- Lead and contribute to compliance reviews across ICT infrastructure, business systems and business practices and ensure remediation work is undertaken effectively within an agreed timeframe.
- Liaise with ICT security experts from external organisations to ensure comprehensive and expert knowledge on ICT security issues and trends is maintained.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate.
- Experience in ICT security compliance and risk management including the ability to lead, investigate and report on ICT security threats.
- Technical expertise in performing digital forensics on a variety of media.
- Technical expertise in following industry best practices and standards in digital evidence acquisition, handling, and documentation.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other University members including IT Services, Key Stakeholders, students and external bodies.
- Tertiary qualifications in ICT or ICT security industry certifications or extensive relevant experience in ICT security.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 7 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $112,425 comprising base salary within the range of $87,423 to $96,090 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply:
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Peter Groenewoud, ICT Security Manager, Peter.Groenewoud @utas.edu.au or 03 6226 6361.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Thursday, 22 April 2021, 11.55pm
Position Description - ICT Security Analyst - Investigations.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfill the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend