Candidature Management Advisor
Job no: 497738
Work type: Full time
Location: Hobart, Launceston
Categories: Administration, Student Services, Community & Engagement
Candidature Management Advisor
- Fixed term, full time position until December 2022.
- Based in Hobart or Launceston.
- Provide advice and services regarding all aspects of the candidature life cycle.
The Candidature Management Advisor is responsible for providing advice and services to HDR applicants, candidates and academic staff regarding all aspects of the candidature life cycle. The Advisor manages, reviews and administers in a timely and efficient manner, expressions of interest, applications and offers, admissions and enrolments, scholarships, candidature commencements, changes to candidature and scholarships, examinations and completions.
- Maintain a portfolio of core operational tasks, providing advice to HDR applicants, candidates and academic staff regarding all aspects of HDR candidature.
- Interpret policies and follow procedures to provide accurate and timely advice, information and support to candidates and academic staff on all matters relating to HDR candidature and administration.
- Process HDR candidature matters in a timely and efficient manner.
- Use complex systems to process operational workflows. Identify and support changes to HDR resources, systems, processes and communications.
- Assist with the development organisation and promotion of events relating to the successful progression and completion HDR candidates.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Experience in delivering a professional service to a diverse range of stakeholders within a university or large, complex organisation.
- Ability to provide independent high level administrative, systems and operational support and an ability to show initiative and good judgment in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience in simultaneously undertaking a diverse range of tasks and identifying priorities, problem solving, and meeting demanding and competing deadlines in a timely fashion.
- Competence in the interpretation of policies and procedures and providing subsequent accurate advice to high level stakeholders.
- High level skills in the effective use of computer applications and complex systems.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 5 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $96,794 comprising base salary within the range of $74,080 to $82,730 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Andrea Ellston, Candidature Management Coordinator, Andrea.Ellston@utas.edu.au or (03) 6226 6274.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Monday, 15 August 2022, 11.55pm
Position Description - Candidature Management Advisor.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend