Lecturer in Paramedicine
Job no: 495456
Work type: Part time
Categories: Academic - Teaching Focus
Lecturer in Paramedicine
- Fixed-term, part-time (0.5) teaching focused position for a 12-month period.
- Based in Hobart for face to face delivery.
- Contribute to high quality online and face-to-face teaching of Paramedicine courses.
The Tasmanian School of Medicine has a proud history of excellence in teaching and research for over 50 years. The School is also vitally important for the Tasmanian community, working closely with the local health system and providing medical, paramedic and postgraduate education to produce excellent practitioners and future health leaders.
Utilising your knowledge, skills, and clinical paramedic experience to teach and coordinate units within the postgraduate and undergraduate paramedicine courses.
- Make an effective and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives.
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate coursework teaching of a high quality.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University and locally and nationally with the discipline.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Registration, or evidence of an application for registration, with the Paramedicine Board of Australia.
- Experience in University-level teaching and learning.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the capacity to communicate and work effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- A record of contributing to building and maintaining effective and productive links locally and nationally with the discipline, profession, industry (where relevant) and wider community.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $125,263 comprising base salary within the range of $98,537 to $114,395 (pro-rata) plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata).
How to Apply:
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Dr Dale Edwards, Associate Professor and Director of Paramedicine, Dale.Edwards@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 4703.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Wednesday, 21 April 2021, 11.55pm
Position Description-Lecturer in Paramedicine.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfill the requirements of this role.
Relocation assistance such as travel, and temporary accommodation may be considered as appropriate.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend