Manager, Admissions Operations
Job no: 497732
Work type: Full time
Categories: Management, Student Services
Manager, Admissions Operations
- Full time ongoing position
- Based in Launceston
- Do you have experience in managing a team in a fast pace administrative environment?
This position is part of the broader Division of Future Students, which is primarily responsible for the initial stages of the student lifecycle and includes portfolios such as marketing, engagement, applications, recruitment, partnerships, and enrolment. Future Students is a key service provider ensuring the University delivers a sustainable pipeline of student numbers across the three major sectors. Future Students is a fast-paced environment that operates with high agility to deliver outcomes that facilitate our student’s future success.
We are looking for an experienced operations manager to lead all activities associated with admissions from international and domestic markets into the University. The role will manage and coach a team of people to deliver a high-quality service for customers and support our Colleges and Divisions to execute strategy. The successful candidate will demonstrate their effective and efficient service design to achieve productivity gains in a supportive, and customer obsessed workplace culture. They will also have a track record in empowering people and teams to operate collaboratively while achieving agreed targets and service metrics.
- Actively contribute to the Future Student Journey leadership group and the university strategy to recruit high-quality students and meet the university student load ambition.
- Lead the operational management of key functions and specialists to achieve agreed targets across the assessment process in a collaborative and empowering workplace environment.
- Design business processes across the team to improve efficiency, speed, and outcomes that create outstanding customer experiences.
- Liaise with the Head, Student Admissions to transform the operations to meet an increasing volume of international applications through technology and service innovation to reduce turnaround times of applications.
- Review and manage the implementation and on-going maintenance of relevant policies, procedures and guidelines in relation to admissions procedures, processes and services offered to domestic and international applicants
- Monitor and review policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure the University complies with all relevant legislation relating to applicant lifecycle processes and services offered to domestic and international applicants, including the Higher Education Support Act (HESA), Higher Education Administrative Information for Providers and Higher Education Provider Guidelines, the ESOS Act 2000, National Code 2007, and government and regulatory requirements.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- Postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training, and/or experience.
- Experience in business operations including strategic thinking and tactical execution to achieve targets.
- High level negotiation, liaison, communication and problem-solving skills including the capacity to determine priorities and meet strict deadlines within a high pressure environment; and a proven ability to convey complex information, ideas and concepts clearly and efficiently to a variety of audiences.
- Experience managing and controlling staff resources and operational budgets to maximum value.
- Experience in coaching and managing people for growth and optimal performance within a high-pressure, flexible, and responsive work environment.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 8 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $139,269 comprising base salary within the range of $104,688 to $119,034 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role;
- Your responses to the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Mark Young, Director, Future Student Journey, Mark.Young@utas.edu.au.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Sunday, 14 August 2022, 11.55pm
PD - Manager Admissions Operations HEO8.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend