Expressions of Interest: Capital Works Planning & Delivery
Job no: 495816
Work type: Full time
Location: Hobart, Launceston, Burnie
Categories: Management, Administration, Finance, Project Management & Support, Infrastructure & Property, Legal & Compliance, Strategy
Expressions of Interest – Capital Works Planning and Delivery
The University of Tasmania is seeking expressions of interest from experienced Project Managers to join our Capital Works team.
The Capital Works team is responsible for delivering state-wide capital projects, asset refurbishment, and restoration works for the University. Our Project Managers take responsibility for selected capital works projects to be delivered within the University’s planned program of works, ensuring projects are well planned, documented, delivered, and supervised to achieve outcomes (including time, cost, quality and safety) that meet the needs of the University and key stakeholder groups.
What you’ll do:
- Manage consultants and contractors to design and deliver major capital works projects ensuring compliance with University design requirements, project management processes, procurement, audit and whole-of-life asset management requirements and University policies and procedures.
- Effectively manage client and stakeholder relationships and provide expert advice in the areas of capital works design and delivery, Workplace Health and Safety and other related areas.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislative instruments, standards and/or codes, thereby minimising risk to the University.
Your application will demonstrate:
- Extensive experience and a proven record of commercial project delivery in the construction environment and in leading multi-disciplinary teams involved in the procurement and delivery of building projects or capital works programs.
- Demonstrated high level influencing, negotiation, consultation, and conflict resolution skills supported by high levels of business acumen and a focus on providing best practice commercial outcomes.
- Highly developed planning and organisational skills together with the capacity to lead and manage the use and allocation of human and financial resources in a results-oriented environment.
How to apply:
- To apply online, please provide your CV and a 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities, and experience. You do not need to separately address the selection criteria.
- For further information about these opportunities and a position description please visit our website: www.utas.edu.au/jobs.
Applications close Sunday 18th April 2021 11:55PM
Remuneration packages will be negotiated with the preferred candidates commensurate with their skills and experience.
We support flexible working arrangements. Please let us know how we could make this opportunity work for you. To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfill the requirements of this role.
PD -Senior Project Manager Project Manager.pdf
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend