Director, Incubator Accelerator Program
Job no: 495232
Work type: Full time
Categories: Management, Strategy, Community & Engagement
Director Incubator and Accelerator Program
- Apply your experience and passion in an ambitious and people-centred organisation
- Initial 3 Year Appointment with options for renewal
Staff at the University of Tasmania create a diverse and exciting array of intellectual property, and the University seeks to ensure that this resource has maximum impact in the Tasmanian community and beyond, providing strong economic, social and environmental outcomes.
As part of our commitment to achieving these outcomes, we are seeking to appoint a Director of the University Incubator and Accelerator program and facilities. In this role, you will be instrumental in stimulating innovation in research, and in facilitating establishment of new start-ups, assisting existing start-ups to scale, and stimulating innovation in established firms and industries through the development and adoption of University IP.
You will be responsible for developing and leading the University’s incubator/accelerator facilities and programs, with a focus on creating and growing a broader connected and cooperative ecosystem of entrepreneurial activity across Tasmania. Key to success in this role will be your ability to effectively engage and motivate a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and lead a fit-for-purpose University-wide incubator-accelerator program across multiple campuses that integrates internal resources and offerings from external providers
- Assist to identify potentially impactful IP early in the research process and to shepherd and develop that IP with a focus on impact
- Engage with researchers to create investor and other external collaborations and partnerships that will help deliver programs and opportunities which facilitate new start-up companies in Tasmania (priority) and beyond (as appropriate), help existing start-ups to scale, and drive innovation to underpin the sustainability of well-established firms and industries
- Develop and lead the communication strategy and branding of the incubator / accelerators, promulgating the interests of the incubators at the highest levels of industry, government, and the community
- Develop and manage industry and government networks, training networks, and networks of investors to accelerate venture creation based on University IP
- Run the Hobart-based incubator/accelerator.
Along with highlighting your track record of delivery, your application will demonstrate;
- A proven track record of building a successful and sustainable multi-stakeholder innovation ecosystem.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in delivering programs to identify opportunities and establish successful start-up companies, including attracting appropriate investors and founding staff
- Action-oriented individual with deep expertise in managing relationships and influencing a broad and complex range of both internal and external stakeholders, collaborators and partners, fostering trust and collaboration
- Proven ability to conceptualise, develop and execute new offerings for start-up and high growth companies in an incubator/accelerator environment.
How to Apply:
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. Please also address the essential and desirable selection criteria outlined in the attached position description.
- For further information about this position, in the first instance please contact Tahlie Burke, People & Wellbeing Business Partner - Tahlie.Burke@utas.edu.au
Applications close Friday, 5 March 2021 11:55pm
Position Description - Director, Incubator and Accelerator Program .pdf
A senior manager level remuneration package will be negotiated with the preferred candidate commensurate with their skills and experience.
We support flexible working arrangements. Please let us know how we could make this opportunity work for you. To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfill the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend