Job no: 499343
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information Technology
- Collaborate with academic minds to develop immersive online content
- Continuously learning, growing, and innovating in a dynamic educational environment
- Full time, ongoing, based in Hobart
About the opportunity
The position of Educational Technologist sits within the Digital Futures portfolio, supporting learning and teaching activities for the College of Science and Engineering. Digital Futures is tasked with improving the digital capabilities and experiences of students and staff. In this role, you will work in collaboration with a learning design team and academics in the development and implementation of online experiences and content, for units of study. The role will primarily serve as first contact support for technical and service issues that arise as part of online learning and teaching activities. As a secondary function, this role will extend and build the capabilities of the existing team to offer extended reality experiences for specific projects.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical, system service and administrative support (in conjunction with IT Services) withinthe University Learning Management System (LMS) and related educational technology services.
- Implement consistent, user interface principles and content to ensure a rich and cohesive student experience across units.
- Develop XR based learning assets, including 3D modelling, animation, programming and more.
- Support videography and educational asset activities.
- Support professional development initiative and activities.
What we’re looking for:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification with relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- A willingness to seek added value for internal and external customers through continuous improvement of both ways of working and outcomes delivered.
- A belief that skills and abilities can be built, in order to develop and implement practical solutions in a high-pressure support environment.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn on the job applying new skills to various projects.
- Highly developed communication skills, the ability to facilitate knowledge sharing, a strong service ethic and commitment to detail and accuracy, engagement in continuous improvement, and innovative approaches to problem solving.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $110,273 comprising base salary within the range of $86,918 to $94,250 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role
- Your responses to the success criteria from the Position Description below
- For further information about this position, please contact Ryan Brunton, Manager, Digital Futures - CoSE, Ryan.Brunton@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 1565
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
- Please refer to the attached Position Description Below for full details.
Position Description - 499343 - Educational Technologist.pdf
Applications close Wednesday, 6 December 2023, 11.55pm
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend