Public Health Medicine Trainee
Job no: 495975
Work type: Full time, Part time
Categories: Academic - Research Focus
Public Health Medicine Trainee
- Fixed term, full time or part time appointment for 3 years
- Based in Hobart
- Specialist Training Program position, funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health.
We are seeking to appoint a Public Health Medicine Trainee at the Menzies Institute for Medical Research (Menzies), part of the College of Health and Medicine. The Public Health Medicine Trainee will be a medical graduate undertaking the training requirements for the Fellowship of the Australasian Faculty of Public Health Medicine. The successful applicant will undertake rotations across training settings provided by the consortium organisations.
- Make a sustainable contribution to the University and training consortium strategic objectives and operational responsibilities.
- Undertake research of national and international standing, secure external competitive funding and publish research findings.
- Lead and participate in public health activities and projects.
- Study and acquire public health medicine competencies and skills at a level to satisfy examination requirements for the Fellowship of Australasian Faculty of Public Health Medicine.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- That you meet the entry requirements of the Australasian Faculty of Public Health Medicine (AFPHM) for commencing advanced training in public health medicine. See https://www.racp.edu.au/trainees/advanced-training/advanced-training-programs/public-health-medicine.
- General registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- An understanding of and commitment to population health principles and practice.
- Experience or the ability to collaboratively work with the Tasmanian Aboriginal community.
- Experience in public health medicine and/or working in partnership with other professional, commercial, and community-based organisations is desirable.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level A and will have a total remuneration package of up to $108,076 comprising base salary within the range of $71,443 to $92,373 plus 17% superannuation. In addition, a Clinical Loading will apply for the preferred candidate.
How to Apply:
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Fay Johnston, Associate Professor, Fay.Johnston@utas.edu.au or 0408 266 652.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Monday, 21 June 2021, 11.55pm
Position Description - Public Health Trainee.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfill the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend