Dr Meredith Hodgson Research Fellowship
Job no: 495623
Work type: Full time
Categories: Academic - Research Focus
Dr Meredith Hodgson Research Fellowship
- Fixed Term, full time position until August 2026
- Based in Hobart.
- Conduct and build capacity in linked data health services research.
Menzies is one of Australia’s leading health and medical research institutes and is recognised worldwide for its research excellence. Menzies’ mission is to perform internationally significant medical research leading to healthier, longer and better lives for all Tasmanians.
The Dr Meredith Hodgson Research Fellowship recipient will undertake and lead the development of strategically aligned and impactful health services research using linked data. The successful applicant will build capacity in linked data research, build productive links with health service providers and policy makers, undertake high-quality research, secure external funding, produce high impact publications, and successfully supervise research higher degree students to completion.
- Undertake high-quality strategically aligned and impactful research of national and increasingly of international standing, secure external competitive funding and publish research findings.
- Provide leadership to the development of capacity in linked health data research in Tasmania.
- Provide academic leadership in developing a health services research program using linked data, building teams, fostering outstanding research, and supporting the career development of others.
- Comply with the UTAS Framework for the Responsible Conduct of Research.
- Contribute to the internal development of Menzies through involvement in Institute planning activities and active membership of selected Institute committees and community engagement activities.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant field.
- A substantial record in, and continuing commitment to, impactful research that has achieved national recognition and made innovative and notable contributions relevant to health services.
- Capacity to build research collaborations and partnerships that have demonstrable outcomes and impact.
- Success in achieving competitive grant funding, commercial consultancies and other sources of research funding.
- Experience in developing and leading data linkage projects.
- Experience in building capacity in health services research including through professional development opportunities.
- Ability to mentor and develop staff, and to manage project budgets relative to career stage and opportunity.
Appointment at Level D will also require:
- Experience in providing research leadership, including supervising and training research staff and students in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Recognition and an emerging reputation at the international level in research and scholarship through publication or performance in high quality and high impact forums.
- Sustained record of HDR principal supervision and successful and timely completions
- Success in leading or collaborating in research partnerships funded by competitive grants, and in securing external research funding in a CI role.
Appointment to this role at Academic Level C will have a total remuneration package of up to $158,046 comprising base salary within the range of $118,946 to $135,082 plus 17% superannuation.
Appointment to this role at Academic Level D will have a total remuneration package of up to $180,838 comprising base salary within the range of $142,538 to $154,562 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria
- For further information about this position, please contact Andrew Palmer, Professor in Medical Research, Andrew.Palmer@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 7729
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Monday, 14 June 2021, 11.55pm
Position Description -Dr Meredith Hodgson Research Fellowship.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend