Lecturer in Haematology
Job no: 492940
Work type: Full time
Categories: Academic - Teaching & Research
In the role you will:
- Make an effective (Level B) or strong (Level C) and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
- Undertake high-quality research of national and increasingly of international standing.
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate (and if relevant postgraduate) coursework teaching of a high (Level B) or exemplary (Level C) quality.
- Increasingly provide academic leadership, particularly in fostering outstanding research and/or learning and teaching (Level C).
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University and locally and nationally with the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession, industry and/or wider community.
You will be employed on a Full Time, Ongoing basis.
To be considered, you will have:
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant field, or an Australian Institute of Medical Scientists Fellowship (Level B) or extensive professional experience in a diagnostic laboratory (Level B).
- A strong record in, and continuing commitment to, research that has achieved national and preferably international recognition and made notable contributions to the field of haematology (Level C).
- An interest in and capacity to participate in research in the field of haematology, or add haematology expertise to multi-disciplinary research projects (Level B).
- Experience and demonstrated achievement (Level C) in University-level teaching and learning, or significant workplace learning (Level B.
- Eligibility for Membership of the Australian Institute of Medical Scientists (AIMS).
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B or C and will have a total remuneration package of up to $154,184 comprising base salary within the range of either $93,711 to $111,600 for level B, or $113,867 to $131,781 for level C, plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Dr Stephen Tristram, Associate Professor and Director of Laboratory Medicine, Stephen.Tristram@utas.edu.au / 03 6324 5469.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
Applications close Monday, 28 January 2019.
Lecturer in Haematology - Level B.pdf
Lecturer in Haematology - Level C.pdf
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend