Manager, Financial Reporting
Job no: 492610
Work type: Full time
Categories: Finance, Management
The University operates a centralised financial service provision delivered through a hub model to Faculties, Schools, Institutes and Divisional Units (Budget Centres).
The Manager Financial Reporting is a key member of the Financial Services management group, reporting to the Financial Controller and has responsibility for the delivery of financial outcomes for the University
In the role you will:
- Contribute as a member of the Financial Services management team in developing and delivering outcomes towards section priorities in support of the University’s strategic goals.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with key staff across the University, and work with them to identify and deliver business improvements and efficiencies.
- Manage and develop the Financial Research Support team.
- Oversee the HERDC (annual research income reporting) process to support the Finance Officer, HERDC and ensure reportable income is maximised to the benefit of the University.
- Develop, implement and monitor robust processes relating to the reconciliation of all balance sheet items to confirm the integrity of the balance sheet on a monthly basis.
You will be employed on a full-time, ongoing basis.
To be considered, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in an accounting discipline with CA/CPA membership, and extensive relevant experience.
- Demonstrated staff management skills with the ability to develop a highly productive team environment.
- Demonstrated record of senior experience in the provision of financial accounting, taxation and business management in a large organisation.
- Demonstrated high level written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with financial management systems in a large organisation, and strong competence in Excel and other desktop applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 10 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $134,067.00 comprising base salary of $114,588.00 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Jarrod Shaw, Financial Controller, Jarrod.Shaw@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 2727.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Sunday, 27 May 2018.
Manager Financial Reporting - Position Description.pdf
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend