Communications and Impacts Officer
Job no: 497700
Work type: Full time
Categories: Marketing & Communications
Communications and Impacts Officer
- Full time, fixed term till 30 June 2029
- Based in Hobart, IMAS Waterfront building
- Provide high-level support and coordination across the AAPP research program
The Australian Antarctic Program Partnership (AAPP) brings together government and non-government entities to deliver and lead a significant part of the national Antarctic science program. The partnership is led by the University of Tasmania (UTAS), and includes the Australian Antarctic Division, CSIRO Oceans and Atmosphere, Geoscience Australia, the Bureau of Meteorology, the Tasmanian State Government and Australia’s Integrated Marine Observing System.
As the Communication and Impact Officer you will coordinate AAPP’s communications and research impact under the broad direction of the Program Leader. You will coordinate events, products and position analyses designed to deliver our research to our stakeholders. This role will also track the impact of AAPP research as part of the AAPP meeting its contractual needs and providing high-level support and coordination across a range of AAPP themes and research projects. The position is 1.0 FTE for the duration of the current grant (30th June 2029).
- Develop, implement and manage the AAPP’s communications plan, Impact Framework and stakeholder engagement.
- Maintain strong internal and external communication networks with AAPP principal and associate partners, and stakeholders.
- Manage media events, including developing news stories, research highlights and media releases, webinars, and prepare staff for media interviews.
- Support development of AAPP position analyses with AAPP researchers.
- Develop AAPP impact statements using the AAPP database and tracking tools.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the AAPP database to record all AAPP research outputs and activities.
- Manage and maintain the AAPP website and social media accounts.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in a science, information or communications discipline with at least four years subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- A record of achievement in communications, information management and presentation, and/or public affairs.
- Experience in managing media interactions and/or community and public relations activities.
- A record in developing impact assessments or statements.
- Excellent organisational skills including a capacity to act independently, use initiative, prioritise, solve problems, develop and modify procedures, gather relevant information and refer to relevant staff as appropriate.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with, and present information effectively to, a diverse range of people, build strong, trusted networks, and work flexibly and proactively as a member of a team.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 7 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $119,949 comprising base salary within the range of $93,273 to $102,521 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role;
- Your responses to the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Nathan Bindoff, Australian Antarctic Program Partnership - Program Leader, N.Bindoff@utas.edu.au or (03) 6226 2986.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Friday, 2 September 2022, 11.55pm
PD - AAPP Communication and Impact Officer.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend