Senior Field & Fleet Officer
Job no: 499412
Work type: Part time
Categories: Administration, Farming, Animals and Conservation
Senior Field and Fleet Officer
- Manage and maintain vehicle and trailer assets for School of Natural Sciences
- Practice a high level of safety procedures
- Flexible part-time role (0.8), Fixed-term 12 month role, Based in Hobart
About the opportunity
The School of Natural Sciences (SNS) includes the disciplines of Biology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Maths and Physics.
The Senior Field and Fleet Officer will facilitate effective and safe field operations, providing day-to-day operational support, teaching support and relevant training to staff and students. Strategic planning project planning, asset management and compliance with relevant UTAS and statutory Work Health and Safety Regulations and Codes of Practice will be key requirements of this role. The role is supported by one direct report, the Field and Fleet Officer.
What you’ll do:
- Manage day-to-day field and fleet operations and provide high level expert technical advice to the SNS field community, SNS Operations manager and relevant SNS leadership team members concerning the safe management of field work within SNS.
- Lead, coach and mentor direct report(s) to achieve the goals and objectives set by the school.
- Provide risk management support to staff and students including consultation and facilitation for field project submissions and approvals.
- Support, coach and guide SNS staff, managers and students on the identification of hazards, assessment of risk and reporting of incidents.
- Implement the asset management and maintenance plans for the vehicles, trailers, plant equipment and associated infrastructure that belong to the school.
What we’re looking for:
- Combination of extensive relevant work experience and/or education/training.
- Significant experience in providing technical field support including experience in the development and implementation of risk assessments, safe working practices and standard operating protocols in a changing environment.
- Strong WHS knowledge and safe work systems management, including strong knowledge of field and driving hazards and managing them.
- Experience managing a fleet of assets, 4WD vehicles would be advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and solve complex technical and non-technical problems and to adapt rapidly to changing priorities and tasks. Experience with remote area communications and specialised off road vehicles will be advantageous
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $110,273 pro-rata comprising base salary within the range of $86,918 pro-rata to $94,250 pro-rata plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role
- Your responses to “what we are looking for” from the Position Description below
- For further information about this position, please contact Shelley Urquhart, Operations Manager, Shelley.Urquhart@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 2630
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
- Please refer to the attached Position Description Below for full details.
Position Description - 499412 - Senior Field & Fleet Officer.pdf
Applications close Sunday, 10 December 2023, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend