Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer in Medicine, Medical Educator
Job no: 499185
Work type: Part time
Categories: Teaching Intensive, Teaching Focused
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Medical Educator
- Part time (0.2FTE), Fixed term position
- Based in Hobart
We are seeking to appoint a Lecturer, Medical Educator in the Tasmanian School of Medicine which is part of the College of Health and Medicine.
The Hobart Clinical School (HCS) is one of three campuses delivering the state-wide Medicine Program. In alignment with the University’s Strategic Plan, the HCS has a strong orientation to serving the health needs of local, national, and global communities. The HCS has close partnerships with hospital departments, general practices, aged care facilities, the private health care sector, health practitioners in other disciplines, and community organisations. This enables students and staff to benefit from inter-professional learning, work-integrated education, collaborative research and teaching, and links with future colleagues and employers.
The appointee will work as part of the HCS academic and administrative team to support the achievement of state-wide learning outcomes in the Medicine Program. This position entails responsibility for providing teaching and learning support to Year 4 and 5 medical students at the HCS through coordination of and participation in a range of activities including bedside teaching, procedural skills training, simulation workshops, clinical teaching and assessment. This role would suit a clinician with an interest in medical education and seeking to develop skills in this area. A registrar or early-career consultant, with a part-time THS appointment, would be ideal. Opportunities for participation in research related to medical education and health outcomes can be facilitated by Medicine Program staff.
- Utilise contemporary approaches to achieve a high standard and effective coursework teaching and assessment outcomes in the domains of learning specified by the Australian Medical Council.
- Collaborate with medical practitioners, interdisciplinary colleagues, patient partners, and the community to support teaching activities.
- Participate in research with potential for translational initiatives, especially in the field of medical education.
- Contribute to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- Completion of recognised primary medical qualification and registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Clinical experience (Level B) / extensive clinical experience (Level C) as a Medical Practitioner.
- Passionate commitment to making innovative and sustainable contributions to medical education through practice and enquiry.
- Ability to reflect on feedback in developing professional practices, and proven commitment to working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Competence in the utilisation of information technology for knowledge transfer and the creation of online and blended learning experiences
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B/C and can have a total remuneration package of up to $173,682 Pro-Rata comprising base salary within the range of $108,285 Pro-Rata to $148,446 Pro-Rata plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Associate Professor Anthea Dallas, Director Medicine Program, Anthea.Dallas@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 4252
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
- Please refer to the attached Position Description Below for full details.
Position Description - 499185 - Lecturer Senior Lecturer in Medicine.pdf
Applications close Thursday, 5 October 2023, 11.55pm
The University of Tasmania strongly encourages employees to maintain COVID-19 vaccination in line with relevant Australian Government health advice.
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend