Digital Communication Officer
Job no: 498825
Work type: Full time
Categories: Student Services, Marketing & Communications, Community & Engagement
Digital Communication Officer
- Develop and deliver student communication across key university platforms
- Full time, ongoing position
- Based in Hobart
We are seeking to appoint a Digital Communication Officer – University Student Communications (UConnect). UConnect delivers student enquiry, information and communications through three broad streams of activity: Service Centres and student communication channels.
The University Student Communications team is the primary producer, publisher and coordinator of all digital’ communications and information for continuing students on behalf of the institution.
- Create and edit high quality content on all the university student communications platforms, ensuring consistent and engaging messaging that is appropriate to the student cohort.
- Ensure digital student communications and content across all platforms is routinely updated to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Regularly review and analyse student engagement levels with digital content and impact and prepare reports to inform priorities and continuous improvement.
- Coordinate and oversee the University Community Experience Model’s associated communications via various methods, including push notifications, news articles, posting, email and other engagement methods to deliver a rich, distinctive and enhanced community experience.
- Contribute to the management of the digital platforms by liaising with stakeholders and other relevant staff to ensure the content is correct and updated in a timely manner, errors and gaps in knowledge or content are identified and addressed, and system analytics and user feedback are used to continuously improve the knowledge base.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent written and visual communication skills, including web and graphic design, copywriting, creation of digital assets, editing, layout of digital content; and email publication and automation.
- Experience in analysing users’ engagement with digital content and continually improving digital communications, reach and engagement to meet best practice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to contribute to a people/student focused culture; and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders to deliver team goals.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workflow and tasks in a dynamic work environment to meet tight deadlines while remaining calm and focused, and deliver high quality outcomes using initiative, judgement, and innovation.
- An understanding of student management systems for cohort/audience segmentations and strong skills in the use of contemporary software applications including content management systems, web/app management tools and software such as Student Portal, UTAS App and Eloqua.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 5 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $96,794 comprising base salary within the range of $74,080 to $82,730 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- Please refer to the attached Position Description below for full details.
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Eliza Winkler, Manager University Students Communications, Eliza.Winkler@utas.edu.au or (03) 6226 2324.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
PD-Digital Communication Officer-498825.pdf
Applications close Sunday, 11 June 2023, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend