Executive Project Officer
Job no: 498779
Work type: Full time
Categories: Administration, Project Management & Support
Executive Project Officer
As our new Executive Project Officer, you will undertake a broad range of administrative, operational and project functions across the School, as well as provide high level executive support to the Head of School. The position requires close working relations with both academic and professional staff within the School and College, and Divisions across the local and interstate campuses. The role requires a high level of attention to detail, and the ability to develop a sound understanding of University and industry policy and systems. A high degree of flexibility is required as part of a small and agile team.
- Provide high level executive support and services to the Head of School including preparing correspondence and reports, organising meetings, managing diary commitments and making travel arrangements.
- Provide high level executive support to the school leadership teams and other School/College committees as necessary, including booking facilities and equipment, the effective preparation of agendas, minutes and briefing papers and correspondence and taking appropriate action to ensure prompt implementation of agreed actions.
- Provide a broad range of administrative and operational support.
- Using project management principles, develop, implement, and maintain procedures and documentation surrounding key strategic and business-as-usual projects and tasks.
- Work with the program delivery team to ensure efficient organisation and coordination of program and administrative tasks associated with course delivery.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- Completion of Diploma level qualification in a relevant area or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Administrative skills including sound organisational and prioritisation skills together with the ability to perform tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Executive administrative support experience including the ability to plan and organise self and others to ensure timely completion of all tasks, manage competing deadlines, exercise sound judgement, and maintain confidentiality in a complex work environment.
- Experience and demonstrated initiative in the coordination of projects.
- Proficiency and demonstrated capacity to work in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 5 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $96,794 comprising base salary within the range of $74,080 to $82,730 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- Please refer to the attached Position Description below for full details.
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Syed Ashraf, Operations and Learning and Teaching Coordinator, S.F.Ashraf@utas.edu.au or (03) 6226 2779.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
PD-Executive Project Officer-498779.pdf
Applications close Monday, 19 June 2023, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend