Manager CODES Analytical Laboratory
Job no: 498778
Work type: Full time
Categories: Management, Laboratory & Research Support
Manager CODES Analytical Laboratory
- Full time, Ongoing Position
- Based in Hobart
- Lead the operations of the University’s world-leading CODES Analytical Laboratories team
We are seeking to appoint a Manager of CODES Analytical Laboratory in the School of Natural Sciences https://www.utas.edu.au/natural-sciences which is part of the College of Sciences and Engineering https://universitytasmania.sharepoint.com/sites/CoSE. CODES is the Centre for Ore Deposits and Earth Sciences (https://www.utas.edu.au/codes.)
This professional role will lead the operations of the University’s world-leading CODES Analytical Laboratories team and will be responsible for technical, people and financial management and stakeholder relationships with the support of the Deputy Leader of CODES Analytical Laboratories.
- Provide leadership to the laboratory team, with responsibility for employment, performance, induction, training, and overall workload management
- Manage the operating and capital budget of the laboratory
- Manage maintenance, repair, and replacement scheduling for all equipment
- Develop and maintain productive and effective links inside the University and locally, nationally, and internationally with respect to laboratory services, profession, industry, government, and/or wider community
- Manage the forward pipeline of laboratory work in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders, including negotiation of customer contracts and arrangements
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary or industry qualifications and relevant professional competence and experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to effectively liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders at varying levels and the ability to work in a flexible and collaborative manner to deliver successful outcomes in an effective way
- Experience with WH&S issues involved in an analytical laboratory environment, including safe operation of equipment, training and induction processes, promotion of a safety-first culture and continuous improvement with regards to WH&S
- Proven operational leadership experience within a complex laboratory environment with both internal and external facing stakeholders
- Experience in management of analytical equipment
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 10 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $149,574 comprising base salary of $125,951 to $127,841 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- Please refer to the attached Position Description below for full details.
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role
- Your responses to the success criteria from the Position Description below
- For further information about this position, please contact David Cooke, Director - CODES, D.Cooke@utas.edu.au or (03) 6226 7605.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Wednesday, 25 June 2023, 11.55pm
Position Description - 498778 - Manager CODES Analytical Laboratory.pdf
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend