Job no: 498802
Work type: Full time
Categories: Management, Administration
- Full time, Ongoing Position
- Based in Launceston
- Lead a team within the College of Arts, Law and Education
The Team Leader leads the provision of frontline service, in a regional, networked and customer focused team, in a fast paced, high-volume environment, which delivers critical, day-to-day service-related activities for the University.
The Team Leader will engage and lead a team to provide seamless administrative and customer service delivery, particularly focused on contributing efficient, lean and responsive processes to support the day-to-day operations of the College of Arts, Law and Education (CALE).
You will be an expert at pulling people and resources together to respond to complex requests and enhance business systems and procedures. You will have experience in coaching and supporting the development and growth of team members.
- Supervise and allocate duties to members of the Team, including coaching and support in the development and growth of team members.
- Actively contribute to and lead a superior service culture enhancing the contribution to customers. Action feedback on service levels and identify continuous improvement opportunities to enhance service delivery.
- Support the service requirements of the College in a consistent manner by developing and implementing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Contribute to enhancing business systems, policies and procedures of the College, their academic units and the wider University by actively participating as a champion in the review, development and implementation of these initiatives.
- Perform tasks/assignments which require proficiency in the work area's rules, regulations processes and techniques, and how they interact with other related functions.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- Ability to lead and oversee the work of others and to work collaboratively and harmoniously in a team environment, coordinating team planning and shared tasks with confidence and sensitivity towards others, while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to coach for career development, expectation setting and resetting, and performance improvement.
- Capacity to manage processes and achieve outcomes, including the ability to exercise judgment on prioritising workloads, work methods and task sequence to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that enhance an ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people, with the proven capacity and confidence to build relationships and effectively liaise with and influence a diverse range of stakeholders, including the ability to resolve conflict.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, using discretion and sound judgement.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $107,061 comprising base salary within the range of $84,386 to $91,505 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- Please refer to the attached Position Description below for full details.
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role
- Your responses to the success criteria from the Position Description below
- For further information about this position, please contact Sally Thurley, Business Partner, Sally.Thurley@utas.edu.au or (03) 6226 2344.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Thursday, 8 June 2023, 11.55pm
Position Description - 498802 - Team Leader.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend