Research Administration Officer
Job no: 498770
Work type: Full time
Location: Hobart, Launceston
Categories: Administration, Laboratory & Research Support
Research Administration Officer
- Full time, fixed term role (until 30 April 2024)
- Based in Hobart or Launceston
- Provide a wide range of administrative and support services to staff and stakeholders
Work as part of a team that administers pre-award research funding (grants, contract research, consultancy and clinical trials) activities.
The role includes a broad range of responsibilities and is both challenging and dynamic.
The Research Administration Officer works as part of a dynamic team, to support researchers across the University to find and apply for research funding. The position uses their specialist knowledge in the provision of expert research funding advice, administration development programs and the implementation of policies, procedures and processes to advance research funding performance.
- Provide specialised review and advice on research funding guidelines and applications regarding compliance, eligibility, quality and project budgets.
- Provide high-level grantsmanship advice to researchers to enhance the competitiveness of research funding applications.
- Ensure accurate records are created and data collected/compiled relating to pre-award research funding activities.
- Lead research funding application rounds to secure funding for research, research collaborations, fellowships and research infrastructure initiatives.
- Work proactively with University stakeholders to develop and implement research funding initiatives, procedures and processes.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- A degree qualification with subsequent relevant work experience.
- Capability to coordinate initiatives and undertake a diverse range of tasks, identify priorities and meet competing deadlines.
- Individual initiative with sound judgement, problem-solving skills and an ability to work independently within established guidelines and as part of a team.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with proven experience in delivering a professional, client- focussed service to a range of stakeholders.
- Extensive written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail, and a high level of numeracy skills.
- Experience in interpreting guidelines, implementing procedures and maintaining accurate records.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $107,061 comprising base salary within the range of $84,386 to $91,505 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- Please refer to the attached Position Description below for full details.
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role
- Your responses to the success criteria from the Position Description below
- For further information about this position, please contact Rebecca Dorgelo, Research Services Manager, Arts, Business, Law and Education Research Hub firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Sunday 11th of June at 11.55pm.
Position Description - Research Administration Officer - 498770.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend