Senior Research Fellow - Implementation and Translation Economics (ALIVE)
Job no: 498657
Work type: Full time
Categories: Research Intensive, Research Focused
Senior Research Fellow – Implementation and Translation Economics (ALIVE)
- Full time, Fixed Term Position until April 2026 (fractional appointment will be considered)
- Based in Hobart
- Contribute outstanding research to the Menzies Institute for Medical Research
- Be a key member of the ALIVE National Centre for Mental Health Research Translation’s evaluation team
The ALIVE National Centre for Mental Health Research Translation is funded by the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Special Initiative in Mental Health (SIMH GNT2002047) (2021-2026). The National Centre’s mission is to transform mental health and wellbeing through primary care and community action to achieve the vision of vibrant communities that support mental health and wellbeing to enable people to thrive. The National Centre operates as a virtual network with the University of Melbourne as the administrative hub working across 15 Universities (including the University of Tasmania), multiple partner organisations from industry, government and non-government sectors and researchers across clinical and non-clinical settings. The National Centre’s efforts are focussed around three work streams: novel preventive life course models; implementation of tailored models of care with priority populations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people who live with ongoing distress and mental ill-health); and integration of lived-experience models and leadership. Essential to the National Centre’s mission is the ability to measure and value the impacts of individual and collective programs of work. Social return on investment (SROI) will be employed as the principal economic evaluation approach.
- Make a strong and sustained contribution to The ALIVE National Centre and in turn, the Menzies, and University of Tasmania in achieving strategic objectives and fulfilling operational responsibilities.
- Increasingly provide academic leadership particularly in building a research program in implementation and translation economics.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University, within the ALIVE Centre and beyond to support the Centre’s work program.
- Undertake high-quality research of national and increasingly of international standing.
- Comply with the UTAS Framework for the Responsible Conduct of Research.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant field.
- A strong record in, and continuing commitment to, research that has achieved national and preferably international recognition and made notable contributions to the field of health economics.
- Proven ability to work autonomously, and to also collaborate successfully with other researchers/clinicians and be able to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- A record of contributing effectively to building and maintaining effective and productive links locally and nationally with the discipline, profession, industry and wider community.
- Experience in providing research leadership, including supervising and training research staff and students in a multi-disciplinary team environment and achieving a high level of HDR completions relative to career stage and opportunity.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B/C and will have a total remuneration package of up to $168,623 comprising base salary within the range of $105,131 to $144,122 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- Please refer to the attached Position Description below for full details.
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role
- Your responses to the success criteria from the Position Description below
- For further information about this position, please contact Amanda Neil, Select Foundation Principal Research Fellow, Amanda.Neil@utas.edu.au or (03) 6226 4640.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Sunday, 11 June 2023, 11.55pm
Position Description - Senior Research Fellow – Implementation and Translation Economics (ALIVE).pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend