Online Education Coordinator
Job no: 498403
Work type: Full time
Categories: Management, Marketing & Communications
Online Education Coordinator
- Full time ongoing position.
- Based in Hobart
- Lead, oversee and execute business development plans and projects.
The Wicking Centre is unique in Australia as an integrated dementia research and education centre that is active across a range of disciplines, aiming to improve the lives of people living with dementia, and increase knowledge and awareness of carers, health providers and communities. Almost half a million people in Australia are living with dementia, and globally there are nearly 50 million.
This role will oversee the coordination and delivery of a range of online dementia education programs designed to increase dementia literacy and awareness in local and global markets. This position will also work in developing new business opportunities to grow our educational and community programs.
- Coordinate the delivery of the Centre’s non-award online education programs, including design, format, structure, delivery, curriculum scheduling, quality assurance, film/editing processes, and related tasks; ensuring that content is contemporary and relevant.
- Develop and cultivate strategic relationships and networks with government, community and industry organisations in the health, aged and dementia care sectors to drive engagement in the Centre’s education programs, as well as relevant programs across the broader College of Health and Medicine.
- Lead, oversee and execute business development plans and projects to develop new education products; and drive awareness of and increase participation in existing education programs, and other community engagement and research activities.
- Provide industry insights; undertake environmental analysis of state, national and international health /aged care policy, industry, funding, and competitor environments; and maintain an understanding of education needs within the aged care sector, to inform business development activity.
- Work with colleagues across the University to ensure the delivery of business development activities within the Wicking Centre are aligned to the broader College and University strategy.
- Ensure policy and legislative compliance is maintained with regard to online education programs, in areas including, but not limited to data, privacy, IP, talent-release, ethics and terms and conditions.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- A degree qualification in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and / or education / training.
- An understanding of, or willingness and ability to learn about, online education products and programs.
- Proven capacity to identify, develop, maintain and nurture internal and external stakeholder relationships and/or partnerships.
- Advanced skills in business case development and implementation.
- High-level written and oral communication skills, with strong evidence of achieving significant business outcomes through the articulation and presentation of innovative ideas and solutions, and through negotiation.
- An understanding of, or willingness and ability to learn about, the aged care and/or health sector in Australia.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 7 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $119,949 comprising base salary within the range of $93,273 to $102,521 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- Please refer to the attached Position Description below for full details.
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Caroline Gray, Business Manager, Caroline.Gray@utas.edu.au or (03) 6226 4750.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
PD-498403-Online Education Coordinator.pdf
Applications close Sunday, 5 February 2023, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend