- Full time ongoing position.
- Based in Hobart.
- Do you thrive working in a collaborative environment?
The Future Students team is responsible for the initial stages of the student lifecycle and includes portfolios such as marketing, engagement, applications, recruitment, partnerships, and enrolment. Future Students, which includes the Office of Marketing, is a key service provider ensuring the University delivers a sustainable pipeline of student numbers across the three major sectors and delivers outcomes that facilitate our student’s future success.
We are seeking to appoint a Brand Copywriter to the Brand Team within the Office of Marketing. We’re looking for a conceptual thinker who can translate ideas through words in an inspiring way to connect with our audiences. From single headlines to long form articles, you’ll be responsible for brainstorming ideas, creating concepts, and developing messaging to elevate our campaigns and marketing materials across all channels. We work in a fast-paced team with quick turnarounds required, so flexibility is critical for success in this position. We are looking for someone with excellent writing skills who can adapt to our brand tone-of-voice and style guide. You’ll need to thrive working in a collaborative environment and take part in meetings with stakeholders at all levels to discuss briefs, work-in-progress, and present final outputs. With a friendly and professional outlook, you’ll also provide guidance and editing support to other University content contributors.
The Brand team is responsible for the management, stewardship, governance, and development of the University’s brand. Reporting into the Head of Brand Marketing, you will be an integral part of the team and work alongside our Graphic Designers, Content Writer, Brand Content Coordinator, Brand Producer, and Project Managers.
- Providing copywriting support in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times.
- Interpret creative briefs to create original concepts and copy and to providing editing support for a range of campaigns and marketing materials.
- Continually raising the bar on creativity from concept development to the final delivery of copy which connects with target audiences and drives action.
- Staying updated with (and contributing to) brand tone-of-voice and style guidelines to comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by channel and target audience.
- Participating in creative briefings and brainstorming sessions, work-in-progress meetings and presenting copy concepts and final deliverables to the Brand Team and stakeholders as needed.
To be successful in the role, we are looking for someone:
- With a minimum three years’ experience as a copywriter in a full-service advertising or creative agency, or in a similar role with a corporate brand marketing team.
- Who has completed a bachelor’s degree majoring in advertising, marketing, creative writing or a related discipline (completion of Award School or similar is highly desirable).
- Who can present a portfolio of exceptional copywriting work which demonstrates creative thinking and an ability to translate overarching ideas into copy that drives outcomes.
- With experience in taking briefs, developing concepts, collaborating with a creative team and presenting ideas to multiple stakeholders at all organisational levels.
- With an ability to scope a project and set realistic timeframes from initial briefing through to completion in a high pressure, deadline driven environment.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $107,061 comprising base salary within the range of $84,386 to $91,505 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- Please refer to the attached Position Description below for full details.
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role
- Your responses to the success criteria from the Position Description below
- Some samples of your writing work
- For further information about this position, please contact Adam Bayliss, Head of Brand, Adam.Bayliss@utas.edu.au or (03) 6226 6352.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Sunday, 5 February 2023, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.