Lecturer - Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Job no: 498285
Work type: Full time
Categories: Teaching Intensive
Lecturer –Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Ongoing Full time
- Provide your expertise in teaching and scholarship, consultancy and administrative duties as a Lecturer at the Australian Maritime College as part of the College of Sciences and Engineering.
The Australian Maritime College (AMC) is the globally recognised Australia’s national institute offering maritime education, training and research. AMC offers study programs covering seafaring, maritime engineering, and maritime and logistics management.
The Lecturer in Logistics and Supply Chain Management is a teaching intensive position. The position will involve teaching and scholarship, consultancy, and administrative duties as a Lecturer at the Australian Maritime College as part of the College of Sciences and Engineering. Teaching duties include conducting lectures, tutorials, workshops, seminars, associated assessments, and research supervision for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. The appointee will be required to participate in the coordination, design, development, implementation, and review of modern and innovative programmes, flexible delivery and assessment. The appointee will also be expected to actively engage in scholarly, research and professional activities appropriate to the discipline, conduct supervision of Research Higher Degree students.
- Make an effective and sustained contribution to the University
- Coordinate and conduct lectures, tutorials workshops both in person and on-campus and distance/online
- Conduct marking and assessments in relation to units and provide feedback to students on a regular basis.
- Initiate, develop, and monitor innovative and flexible delivery and assessment programmes within AMC.
- Participate in activities such as workshops, seminars, meetings, student recruitment, marketing and promotion activities, and student counselling.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Completion of a PhD in a relevant discipline; industry experience is desirable.
- Able to teach in units related to logistics and supply chain field, such as warehousing and distribution management, e-Commerce logistics management, project management
- Evidence of knowledge and/ or experience in the application of emerging technologies (e.g., Industry 4.0) in maritime, logistics and supply chain management
- Ability to plan and teach effectively at all levels using modern, innovative, and relevant pedagogic tools and strategies.
- Evidence of a good research record in the field of logistics and supply chain management for businesses
- Ability to work as part of a team with limited supervision to demanding timelines, an ability to answer and respond to industry and stakeholder inquiries, ability to produce good quality reports, and be flexible with the work.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $142,799 comprising base salary within the range of $105,131 to $122,050 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- Please refer to the attached Position Description below for full details
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the success criteria. OR
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role;
- Your responses to the success criteria from the Position Description below
- For further information about this position, please contact Peggy Chen, Associate Professor Maritime and Logistics Management , P.Chen@utas.edu.au
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Tuesday, 28 February 2023, 11.55pm
Position Description -498285 - Lecturer Maritime and Logistics Management.pdf
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend