Senior Industry Fellow - ESG Accounting
Job no: 498272
Work type: Full time
Categories: Balanced Research/Teaching
Senior Industry Fellow - ESG Accounting
- Full time ongoing position
- Based in Hobart
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate and postgraduate coursework teaching
A position is available as Senior Industry Fellow in ESG Accounting in the Tasmanian School of Business and Economics.
The preferred candidate will have industry expertise and passion for ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) accounting practice which may incorporate, but is not limited to, expertise in climate accounting and/or biodiversity accounting. Further to this, there is opportunity for a joint appointment and/or institute/organisation affiliation.
The Senior Industry Fellow will be expected to undertake undergraduate and postgraduate teaching of an exemplary nature, to provide academic leadership in learning and teaching including curriculum development, be actively engaged in establishing and maintaining links, and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities, and will be expected to work collaboratively and collegially with fellow academics in the accounting discipline and school.
The position is required to meet the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) requirements of a Scholarly/Instructional Practitioner.
- Make a strong and sustained contribution to the University to achieve strategic objectives and fulfil operational responsibilities.
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate and postgraduate coursework teaching of an exemplary quality, using contemporary and innovative teaching techniques.
- Develop and cultivate linkages to facilitate strong industry linkages, and corresponding activities that contribute directly to employability and/or graduate outcomes.
- Provide academic leadership, particularly in fostering outstanding learning and teaching including curriculum development in the discipline and school.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University and locally, nationally and internationally within the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession, industry and/or wider community.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- A relevant Postgraduate business qualification in a relevant discipline field.
- Alignment with the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) requirements of a Scholarly/Instructional Practitioner.
- Relevant and current senior professional, business and/or consulting experience.
- Industry expertise in ESG accounting practice, such as climate accounting and/or biodiversity accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to stimulate, actively engage and educate a given audience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and sensitively with others in a team environment, with an excellent ability to be agile and respond to change.
- A strong record of building and maintaining effective networks and interdisciplinary links at a local and national level within the discipline, profession, industry and wider community.
- Membership of a professional accounting body.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level C and will have a total remuneration package of up to $168,623 comprising base salary within the range of $126,906 to $144,122 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- Please refer to the attached Position Description for full details.
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role;
- Your responses to the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Belinda Williams, Head of School TSBE, Belinda.Williams@utas.edu.au or (03) 6324 3661
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
PD-Senior Industry Fellow - ESG Accounting-498272.pdf
Applications close Monday, 30 January 2023, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend