Job no: 498167
Work type: Full time
- Full time Ongoing
- Based in Hobart
- Deliver high quality executive support to the Dean of School
Work within the School of Natural Sciences which is part of the College of Sciences and Engineering who are at the forefront of the University's world class research, constantly exploring new frontiers and developing innovative solutions to current and future problems.
Provide administrative support for a range of committees chaired by the Dean of School, including scheduling, preparation of agendas and papers, minute taking and follow-up.
- Effectively triage all incoming communications to ensure appropriate delegation where required and that necessary follow up is undertaken.
- Schedule and coordinate the Dean’s activities and meetings with a range of internal and external Stakeholders.
- Provide administrative support for a range of activities coordinated by the School office.
- Coordinate travel and event attendance.
- Provide administrative support to the Business manager and Associate Heads of the School in relation to meeting coordination and support for School activities.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Completion of a diploma qualification or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Ability to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy, with particular emphasis on attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality and respond discreetly and effectively to the needs of all stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to use initiative, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team culture, contributing to team planning and shared tasks with confidence and sensitivity towards team members.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 4 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $83,807 comprising base salary within the range of $67,617 to $71,630 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role;
- Your responses to the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Simon Ellingsen, Dean of School, Natural Sciences and Professor, email@example.com or 03 6226 7588
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Executive Assistant PD - 498167.pdf
Applications close Wednesday, 7 December 2022, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend