Engagement Events Coordinator
Job no: 498139
Work type: Full time
Location: Hobart, Launceston, Burnie
Categories: Marketing & Communications, Community & Engagement
Engagement Events Coordinator
- Ongoing, full time position.
- Plan, project manage and deliver a range of engagement events and activities online and in person.
The Engagement Events Coordinator is responsible for working with the Engagement team to plan, coordinate, and deliver a range of University of Tasmania’s events and activities that promotes the message and values of the University; and that build relationships with a range of external stakeholders and the broader University community.
- Coordinate the planning, delivery, and measurement of events that connect the University to the wider community.
- Support the planning, project management and delivery of a range of engagement events and activities online and in person.
- Liaise with external and internal stakeholders to support the delivery of outreach activities in schools and the community and support inbound tours and visits to campus for prospective students, schools and the wider community
- Coordinate communications including newsletters, development, and distribution of promotional packs, editing of web and intranet content and event communications for traditional, web and social media channels both internal and external to the University
- Provide event support for in-person, online and hybrid engagement events, liaise with internal and external event suppliers.
- Coordinate, document and support the implementation of event management processes
- Maintain stakeholder contact data and distribution lists
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate.
- A degree or equivalent experience in communications/engagement/event management or a related area.
- Proven ability to manage projects and concurrent priorities, as well as work independently and apply continuous improvement principles.
- High level of interpersonal skills, ability to communicate to all levels within the University.
- High level of written communication skills across diverse audiences.
- Understanding and application of event logistics and an outstanding attention to detail.
- Proactive, creative, results-oriented outlook and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Competence with a range of computer applications.
Other position requirements
- Current Working with Vulnerable People registration or to be obtained
- Regular intrastate travel
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 5 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $96,794 comprising base salary within the range of $74,080 to $82,730 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply:
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Georgia Sutton, Manager, Educational Outreach, email@example.com or (03) 6226 5715.
Applications close Sunday, 4 December 2022, 11.55pm
PD - Engagement Events Coordinator 498139.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfill the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend