Learning & Research Librarian
Job no: 498119
Work type: Part time
Learning & Research Librarian
- Part time, ongoing position (0.6 fraction).
- Based in Sydney, Rozelle campus.
- Perform a vital role with broad subject knowledge within the Learning & Research Librarian team
- Support the College of Health and Medicine and the Australian Institute of Health Service Management (AIHSM) with specialised knowledge
The Library enables the discovery of, and access to print, electronic and cultural collections. Staff provide a high level of expertise via online and physical presence across all campuses to support the learning and teaching of Colleges, students, staff and community.
We are seeking a motivated and energetic librarian with demonstrated experience of service provision in academic libraries, preferably with knowledge of health disciplines including nursing, paramedicine and health informatics.
You will be responsible for the development and implementation of engaging, pedagogically-sound information services in partnership with Colleges of Health and Medicine, and Business and Economics, in collaboration with peers and colleagues. You will be expected to promote and demonstrate the UTAS values and Behaviours to support the culture and objectives of the University.
- Collaboratively develop, embed, and maintain information, digital and research literacy programs and resources for the nursing, paramedicine, and health service management curricula.
- Provide specialist support services and advice to students, researchers, and staff from physical and online library locations, across a range of discipline areas, as part of the Learning and Research Librarian team.
- Collaborate in the evaluation and development of the Library’s information resources and collections.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- A degree in Library and Information Science with the ability to demonstrate relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training which would allow professional membership of the Australian Library ad Information (ALIA).
- Knowledge of academic librarianship, ideally in health disciplines.
- Experience in developing educational resources and materials.
- Experience in the delivery of information, digital and research skills programs into the curriculum.
- Advanced digital literacy skills and experience in a range of electronic resources, systems, and software used in higher education and academic library environments.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to engage, collaborate and build partnerships.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $107,061 comprising base salary within the range of $84,386 to $91,505 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Australians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role;
- Your responses to the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Chris Evans, Manager, Library Learning and Research, Christine.Evans@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 2132
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Learning & Research Librarian - 498119.pdf
Applications close Thursday, 8 December 2022, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend