Job no: 498096
Work type: Full time
Procurement Officer (Analyst)
- Ongoing, full-time position.
- Based in Launceston.
- Connect your ambition and experience to our vision.
The Procurement team, within University Services, work in partnership with the University community to drive insights for decision making, promote financial sustainability and foster innovation to impact and enhance the customer experience.
In your new role as the Procurement Officer, you will be responsible for the analysis of the University spend and delivering data and dashboards that inform category planning, procurement strategy and reporting. To be successful in your new role, you will need to have a strong commercial acumen, a customer and solution focussed approach to procurement, and commitment to the delivery exceptional outcomes for procurement projects across the University. If this role is of interest, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Maintain procurement procedural documentation and staff communication for a range of online channels.
- Use data analytic tools to assist in capturing spend data and procurement insights.
- Contract management for a small number of centralised suppliers to deliver ongoing value and improvements.
- Lead and collaborate to drive process and procedural changes.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Strong data analytical skills to gather, assess and deliver spend insights.
- Well-developed people skills, including the ability to work in a collaborative manner with a customer focussed approach.
- Experience in maintaining procedural documentation and communication channels.
- Ability to contribute to and support the delivery and evaluation of contemporary and innovative tendering processes.
- Completion of relevant education qualifications or demonstrated capability through industry experience.
Appointment to this role will be at an HEO Level 5 or 6 negotiable based on the successful application experiences, qualifications, and competencies.
HEO 5 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $96,794 comprising base salary within the range of $74,080 to $82,730 plus 17% superannuation.
HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $107,061 comprising base salary within the range of $84,386 to $91,505 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role;
- Your responses to the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Don Nicholson, Procurement Manager, Don.Nicholson@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 2178.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Monday, 30 January 2023, 11.55pm
Procurement Officer - 498096.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend