Manager, Future Student Contact Centre
Job no: 497731
Work type: Full time
Categories: Management, Student Services
Manager, Future Student Contact Centre
- Full time ongoing position
- Based in Launceston
- A pivotal leadership role in the Future Student Journey directorate
This position is part of the broader Division of Future Students, which is primarily responsible for the initial stages of the student lifecycle and includes portfolios such as marketing, engagement, applications, recruitment, partnerships, and enrolment. Future Students is a key service provider ensuring the University delivers a sustainable pipeline of student numbers across the three major sectors. Future Students is a fast-paced environment that operates with high agility to deliver outcomes that facilitate our student’s future success.
We are looking for a driven contact centre leader who is experienced in sales operations to deliver excellence in customer experience and improve customer advocacy. The successful candidate will demonstrate their capacity to combine customer experience design with technology, and people leadership to achieve results in a customer-obsessed workplace culture. They will also have a track record of empowering the team to master internal knowledge to ensure our customers receive high-quality advice and accurate information in a memorable experience with our team.
- Actively contribute to the Future Student Journey leadership group and the university strategy to recruit high-quality students and meet the university student load ambition.
- Design and foster an outstanding customer-centred team that delivers excitement and anticipation for future students as they navigate the process from enquiry to enrolment with ease and clarity.
- Transform the operations of the Future Student Contact Centre to meet increasing customer expectations across both international and domestic markets to achieve improved student load and conversion targets.
- Lead a customer-centric Future Student Contact Centre that is enabled by leading technologies, customer processes, and personalised experiences to create a service signature from the first customer enquiry to enrolment.
- Lead the systematic capturing of customer insights across interaction channels and use these to inform the coaching and development of our people, and feedback to Colleges and divisions.
- Contribute to the ongoing analysis of competitor activity in contact centres including sales tactics, service innovation and design.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- Postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training, and/or experience.
- Experience in contact centre environments, sales, customer experience, and business operations including strategic thinking and tactical execution to achieve targets.
- Ability to convey complex information, ideas, and concepts clearly and efficiently to a variety of audiences.
- Experience managing and controlling staff resources and operational budgets to maximum value.
- Experience in coaching and managing people for growth and optimal performance within a high-pressure, flexible, and responsive work environment.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 8 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $139,269 comprising base salary within the range of $104,688 to $119,034 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role;
- Your responses to the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Mark Young, Director, Future Student Journey, Mark.Young@utas.edu.au.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Sunday, 14 August 2022, 11.55pm
PD - Manager Future Student Contact Centre HEO8.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend