Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Job no: 497712
Work type: Full time
Categories: Research Focused
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Fixed term, full time position for six months (Part time or flexible arrangements may be considered).
- Based in Hobart.
- Contribute to and lead submissions for scientific publications and conference presentations.
Menzies is one of Australia’s leading health and medical research institutes and is recognised worldwide for
its research excellence. Menzies’ mission is to perform internationally significant medical research leading to
healthier, longer, and better lives for all Tasmanians
In your new role you will be responsible for managing, clean, and analysing quantitative data from a range of data sources and contribute to academic manuscripts, reports, and scientific conference presentations. Your contribution to this project will assist in improving understanding of walkability in rural towns.
Please visit the Communities for Walkability website https://walkrural.com.au/ to learn more about the project.
- Develop a scoring system for a citizen science approach to collecting walkability data and compare with the spatial approaches.
- Examine associations between citizen science and spatial walkability data with population health surveillance data.
- Lead the development and submission of academic manuscripts for peer-reviewed publication.
- Contribute to lay and stakeholder reports.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant field, preferably health related.
- Experience in quantitative data analysis, including practical experience with statistical software such as Stata, R, or SAS.
- Continuing commitment to research that has achieved national recognition and made worthwhile contributions to public health, epidemiology, or a related field, demonstrated by a record of quality publications and presentations.
- Proven organisational skills with an ability to manage competing priorities, work to deadlines and maintain high attention to details.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to engage and interact with policymakers and academics.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $142,799 comprising base salary within the range of $105,131 to $122,050 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role;
- Your responses to the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Verity Cleland, Associate Professor, Verity.Cleland@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 4603.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Thursday, 18 August 2022, 11.55pm
Position Description - Postdoctoral Research Fellow.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend