Regional Lead North
Job no: 497567
Work type: Part time
Categories: Administration, Student Services, Community & Engagement
Regional Lead North
- Ongoing, part time (0.6 FTE) position
- Based in Launceston
- Experience in community engagement an advantage
The Peter Underwood Centre is a partnership between the University of Tasmania and the Tasmanian State Government in conjunction with the Office of the Governor of Tasmania. Pursuing a mutual goal to set high aspirations for the educational outcomes of Tasmanians, the Centre was conceived to lead a process of positive and sustained transformation in Tasmanian education to benefit the whole community.
The Regional Lead North will be responsible for the delivery and development of inspiring and engaging activities and programs, and contribute to research and evaluation projects for Children’s University Tasmania. The candidate will need to demonstrate initiative, independence and discretion to be successful in this role.
- Assist in the development and delivery of engaging activities and program evaluations.
- Promote and foster relationships with schools, learning destinations and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate events and prepare and deliver presentations.
- Maintain confidentiality and professional discretion at all times.
To be successful in the role your application will need to demonstrate:
- Completion of a diploma or degree or an equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and training.
- Understanding of issues related to educational attainment and post-school participation in education.
- A high level of creativity and initiative in developing and implementing inspirational programs, activities, resources and evaluation strategies.
- High level communication and negotiation skills and the ability to establish effective relationships.
- Experience in the organisation and running of large events, under broad guidance.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $102,353 (pro-rata) comprising base salary within the range of $80,675 to $87,481 (pro-rata) plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Sean Stevenson, Communications & Community Engagement Lead, Sean.Stevenson@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 2525
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Monday, 4 July 2022, 11.55pm
Position Description - Regional Lead North.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend