Administrative Officer - Paramedicine
Job no: 497555
Work type: Full time
Administrative Officer - Paramedicine
- Fixed term, part time (0.6 FTE) until May 2023.
- Based in Sydney.
- Provide integral administrative support for the delivery and assessment of quality learning and teaching programs.
The Tasmanian School of Medicine has a proud history of excellence in teaching and research for over 50 years. The School is also vitally important for the Tasmanian community, working closely with the local health system and providing medical, paramedic and postgraduate education to produce excellent practitioners and future health leaders.
As the Administrative Officer, under the direction of the Team Leader - Paramedicine, you will provide administrative functions to support the delivery of the School’s quality learning and teaching programs. This opportunity involves administrative responsibilities to meet deadlines across a range of administrative support tasks such as, reception duties, assisting with timetabling and student placements, supporting examinations and assessments, and providing general administrative services.
- Develop and update timetables into relevant timetabling systems.
- Management of student compliance documents and external professional work experience placements.
- Liaise with Unit Coordinators and the digital innovation team to oversee and support all functional aspects of course delivery in MyLo.
- Ensure the efficient organisation and coordination of examinations, results and analysis of examination data and assist with preparing documents and reports.
- Provide accurate course-related information and advice to students and staff.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- An Associated Diploma level qualification with relevant work-related experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education or training.
- Excellent administrative skills including strong organisational and prioritisation skills together with the ability to perform tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Competence in using a range of computer software applications and databases.
- Well-developed interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including the ability to draft correspondence and prepare minutes and reports.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to cope with changing work methods and working environment.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 4 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $80,122 (pro-rata) comprising base salary within the range of $64,643 to $68,480 (pro-rata) plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Kate Preston, Team Leader - Paramedicine, Kate.Preston@utas.edu.au or 02 8572 7979.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Tuesday, 5 July 2022, 11.55pm
Position Description - Administration Officer - Paramedicine.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend