Payroll and Benefits Officer
Job no: 497429
Work type: Full time
Categories: Administration, Finance
Payroll and Benefits Officer
- Full time fixed term position, for 7 months.
- Based in Launceston.
- Contribute to a dynamic team providing pivotal people information processing services.
The processing of People information is pivotal to the overall provision of People and Wellbeing services at the University of Tasmania. The Payroll and Benefits Officer role provides seamless customer support, Payroll and People transactional, administrative and support services to University staff.
The Payroll and Benefits Officer is responsible for processing employee transactions data in an accurate and timely manner. The successful candidate is expected to display a high level of professionalism, handling confidential information and documents, maintaining a high level of accuracy, record progress and follow-up as required.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within Payroll and Benefits using lean principles.
- Provide a high-level customer service experience for all enquiries and support.
- Ensure effective results for payroll function through the efficient operation of the University’s People and Payroll systems.
- Support the University and People and Wellbeing teams to complete HR transactional and administrative tasks.
- Assist in ensuring legislative and compliance criteria are met.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Skills in the use of a HRM information/payroll system such as Oracle PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office applications and data entry.
- Effective time management skills, ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- A High level of numeracy, attention to detail, problem solving and judgement skills.
- High level knowledge of relevant taxation, superannuation, records management and industrial legislation.
- Previous payroll experience.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 4 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $80,122 comprising base salary within the range of $64,643 to $68,480 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply:
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Nicole Warnes, Manager, Payroll and Benefits, Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 6226 4634
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Tuesday, 5th July 2022, 11.55pm
Position Description - Payroll and Benefits Officer.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfill the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend