- Full time, ongoing position (X2)
- Based in Hobart or Launceston.
- School-level general management opportunity within the University.
The College of Arts, Law and Education (CALE) brings together the School of Creative Arts and Media, School of Education, School of Humanities, School of Law, and School of Social Sciences.
CALE will systematically promote deep engagement with our place, its Aboriginal culture, social foundations, and evolving identity to support the deliberations on and delivery of a good and just society in Tasmania and the world. Through its leadership in education, social research and creative practice we will equip more Tasmanians with distinctive capacities to contribute to the realisation of our vision.
The Business Manager is located within the College of Arts, Law and Education. We currently have two opportunities to join our college, with one vacancy supporting the School of Creative Arts and Media and one supporting one or more of the School of Humanities, School of Social Sciences, or School of Law.
The Business Manager brings a contemporary approach to managing the day-to-day operations of a School(s), leading change, and ensuring the provision of continuously improving business systems, standards, and processes. The role works closely with the school leadership team to implement strategic initiatives and develop and manage operational plans and reporting.
- In consultation with the Head(s) of School, manage the implementation and delivery of School strategy through the delivery, monitoring, and management of School performance.
- Lead the development, implementation, and delivery of operational plans and practices for the school(s).
- Champion change and innovation and lead a culture of Lean and Agile approaches to continuous improvement that enable high quality student and academic outcomes.
- Manage the delivery of School and College projects and initiatives as identified and assigned.
- Coordinate the integration of University functions and services towards achieving School level operational success.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Ability to apply strong strategic, systems, and critical thinking skills.
- A flexible and collaborative approach to achieving success in a fast paced and high-pressure environment.
- Proven commitment to people centred and relational values and ethical standards in the provision of services and professional relationships.
- Demonstrated people leadership and operational management experience within a complex business environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to devise creative and effective solutions across technical and adaptive challenges.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 9 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $140,659 comprising base salary within the range of $114,061 to $120,221 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply:
To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role;
- Your responses to the success criteria.
For further information about this position, please contact Scott Sullivan, Director Operations CALE, firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 6324 3224.
Applications close Monday, 23 May 2022, 11.55pm
POSITION DESCRIPTION - School Business Manager.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfill the requirements of this role.