Engagement Events Assistant
Job no: 497370
Work type: Full time
Categories: Project Management & Support
Engagement Events Assistant
- Fixed term, full time position until end October 2022.
- Based in Launceston.
- Provide a wide range of services and support for the broad University community.
The Engagement team, within the Division of Future Students, aspires to generate positive interaction with the University through ensuring our mission of nurturing learning and sharing knowledge in the community.
The Engagement Events Assistant is responsible for supporting the planning, coordination, production,
delivery, and evaluation of the University of Tasmania’s stakeholder engagement events. The successful candidate will require the ability to work productively within established processes and procedures, in a fast-paced environment, ensuring relationships with the external stakeholders and the broader University community are maintained.
- Assist in producing written communications, prepare, and distribute event communications for traditional, web and social media channels.
- Provide event management support for in-person, online and hybrid engagement events.
- Liaise with internal and external event suppliers, produce event run sheets, event briefing notes, event resources, event delivery, tracking and evaluation documents.
- Maintain stakeholder contact data for engagement events.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Experience in events, project management or administration.
- Understanding and application of event logistics.
- Ability to exercise judgment, priorities tasks to meet strict deadlines and maintain a high level of detail.
- Proactive, creative, results-oriented outlook and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Competence with a range of computer applications and experience using customer relationship databases, email platforms and creating digital assets.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 4 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $80,122 comprising base salary within the range of $64,643 to $68,480 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities, and experience. You do not need to separately address the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Belinda Brock, Manager, Engagement Events, Belinda.Brock@utas.edu.au or 03 6324 3621.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Wednesday, 18 May 2022, 11.55pm
Position Description - Engagement Events Assistant.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend