Job no: 497365
Work type: Full time
Categories: Student Services
- Full time, ongoing position.
- Based in Newnham.
- Deliver a high level of customer service and advice to key stakeholders.
The University Applicant Services team delivers efficient and innovative admissions and enrolment operations for the University in line with the University’s strategic priorities and in close collaboration with the Faculties, Recruitment, the Student Centre, and other functional and service areas in the broader University community.
The Admissions Officer will assess credit applications against approved entry requirements in accordance with the University admissions policy and procedures, follow up with applicants, generate and monitor offers, acceptances, and enrolments against set targets.
- Complete all tasks associated with the admissions and enrolments lifecycle.
- Prepare detailed reports, correspondence, and documents on complex and sensitive issues.
- Maintain, establish, and implement consistent entry standards and requirements for University courses in line with industry benchmarks.
- Ensure the consistent interpretation, implementation and compliance with relevant legislation, institutional admissions and enrolment policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Provide administrative and technical support to ensure the operational efficacy of the Admissions and Enrolments team.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A degree or postgraduate qualification with relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and/or training.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences clearly and efficiently.
- Experience working in a complex administrative environment, with the ability to interpretation of policies and procedures, prioritise tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent track record in the delivery of excellent customer service and conflict resolution.
- Ability to work independently and within a team to deliver positive outcomes.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 5 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $92,538 comprising base salary within the range of $70,822 to $79,092 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply:
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities, and experience. You do not need to separately address the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Mitchell Brett, Manager, Applicant Services, Mitchell.Brett@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 6691.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process
Applications close Thursday, 19 May 2022, 11.55pm
Position Description-Admissions Officer .pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfill the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend