Facilities Technical Officer - Sydney
Job no: 497362
Work type: Full time
Categories: Infrastructure & Property
Facilities Technical Officer – Sydney
- Full time, ongoing position.
- Based in Sydney.
- Maintain the large grounds and gardens of the Campus.
- Lead and manage a variety of minor works projects.
The Facilities Management Unit (FMU) within Infrastructure Services and Development (ISD) supports the University campus experience objectives through overseeing the planning, scheduling, and delivery of maintenance services (preventative and corrective), overseeing infrastructure upgrades, managing statutory risk and compliance, planning, and managing the University’s grounds, engineering services, water, and sewerage.
The Facilities Technical will be responsible for operational property and maintenance matters, including general care of all grounds and facilities at the University of Tasmania. The successful candidate will undertaking minor repairs and routine maintenance of buildings and equipment, arranging contractors to carry out specialised repairs and ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Work request management.
- Conduct Worksite Inspections, update the Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) and undertake Take 5’s (Steps for Safety) for their areas of responsibility.
- Respond and make safe reported hazards to reduce risk to staff, students, and visitors and secure physical locations or areas including those requiring repair.
- Perform general ground keeping duties as well as general maintenance tasks and other small repairs.
- Managing other UTAS Contractors onsite and conduct Toolbox meetings.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A qualification in a relevant field with extensive experience and specialist expertise, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience, education, and training.
- Experience in managing contractors in a professional manner and building effective relationships.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with urgent facility issues in a timely manner and to ensure successful outcomes.
- Physical ability to carry out numerous manual handling tasks.
- A current valid driver’s licence.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $102,353 comprising base salary within the range of $80,675 to $87,481 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role;
- Your responses to the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Mark Burgess, Facilities Manager - Domain Hub, Mark.Burgess@utas.edu.au or 0409 807 080.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Wednesday, 18 May 2022, 11.55pm
Position Description - Facilities Technical Officer - Sydney.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend