Business Development Manager
Job no: 497323
Work type: Full time
Categories: Management, Strategy, Community & Engagement
Business Development Manager
- Fixed-term, full time position until June 2024.
- Based in Launceston.
- Identify and develop opportunities with the Hub’s purpose and remit.
The Hub is administered by the University of Tasmania who have formed a consortium with major regional players. Together, we are creating an engagement, learning and innovation platform from the ground up to integrate the work of farmers, researchers, local entrepreneurs, traditional custodians, practitioners in natural resource management, industry and community developers.
The Business Development Manager will assist with developing an expanded business model to ensure the Hub’s long-term sustainability. They will build relationships with potential new partners for engagement and delivery to the National Agenda and facilitate co-investment and help evolve the Hub’s business and funding model. The successful incumbent will engage effectively with the Hub’s governance and contribute to strategic development of new initiatives accelerating innovation in the sector.
- Build and maintain effective relationships and links with internal and external stakeholders.
- Play a key role in developing and evolving the Hub’s business model.
- Act as a point of contact for business and industry relating to current and potential future activities.
- Work pro-actively with the Hub’s Lead Knowledge Broker, Hub Partners and others in the Hub’s networks.
- Represent members of the Hub’s Operations Team, including the Hub Director, at key meetings or events.
- Gather and interpret industry and regional information and analyse trends for decision making.
- Contribute to the Hub’s reporting requirements.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A post-graduate degree, or equivalent combination of relevant experience and training.
- Experience in business development, partnerships and establishment of productive industry relationships within the agricultural and/or food processing sector.
- Negotiation, influencing and strong analytical skills, with well-developed judgement and decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop high level relationships with a diverse range of collaborators.
- Ability to co-operate with others to achieve organisational objectives and to build trust and reciprocity.
- Ability to coordinate initiatives preferentially within the agricultural and/or food processing sector.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 9 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $140,659 comprising base salary within the range of $114,061 to $120,221 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role;
- Your responses to the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Katherine Evans, Director, Adoption and Innovation Hub for Drought Resilience - Tasmania, Katherine.Evans@utas.edu.au or (03) 6226 6364
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Thursday, 26 May 2022, 11.55pm
Position Description - Business Development Manager .pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend