Learning and Teaching Project Officer
Job no: 497174
Work type: Part time
Categories: Administration, Project Management & Support, Teaching Support
Learning and Teaching Project Officer
- Fixed-term, part time position (0.5 FTE) until December 2022, in the first instance.
- Based in Hobart.
- Provide administrative and project support to the College of Sciences and Engineering.
The College of Sciences and Engineering is made up of a wide range of teaching and research areas, each delivering exciting study options and world-class research.
The position is responsible to the Associate Dean Learning and Teaching Performance (ADLTP) and will work closely with the Deputy Associate Dean’s (DADs) and Associate Head’s Learning and Teaching (AHLTs) in the Academic Units in the execution of the College Learning and Teaching (LT) portfolio’s responsibilities.
The position provides administrative and project support for the ADLTP and DAD’s and AHLT’s; monitors and advises on the College’s compliance with LT quality and standards and responsibilities as defined by College, University, and where applicable third-party policy and regulation.
- Working closely with the ADLTP, DADs and AHLTs to contribute to the implementation of the College LT Quality Assurance procedures and processes.
- Provide a broad range of general operational and transactional administrative and project support.
- Apply Lean principles and methodology in the provision of broad administrative and project support and guidance to the College L&T function.
- Prepare briefing papers, reports, and communications with all levels of university LT operatives and external stakeholders.
- Build, manage and coordinate effective working relationships both internally and externally to the College.
- Facilitate the collation and dissemination of LT information within the College.
- Support internal and external events and activities relating to the course portfolio and / or LT activities.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A degree with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent relevant work experience and/or education/training.
- A history of successfully applying a growth mindset and of positive contribution to a positive culture.
- Highly developed interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to provide a high level of administrative support and project management services.
- Highly developed administration and organisational skills.
- A high level of computer literacy and analytical skills, including competence in Office 365 applications.
Other position requirements
- Knowledge of University LT governance and administration structures and operations.
- Experience in the application of Lean principles and methodologies to administration practices.
- Travel may be required between campuses.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $102,353 pro-rata comprising base salary within the range of $80,675 to $87,481 pro-rata plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role;
- Your responses to the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Fiona Taylor, Senior Executive Officer, Fiona.Taylor@utas.edu.au or (03) 6226 2768.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Monday, 23 May 2022, 11.55pm
Position Description - Learning and Teaching Project Officer.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfill the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend