Job no: 497052
Work type: Full time
Location: Hobart, Launceston
Categories: Administration, Finance
- Full time, ongoing position.
- Based in Hobart or Launceston.
The Financial Business Systems team within Financial Services is responsible for the management of the University’s core financial systems. The team provides user support, training, and system administration functions, as well as reporting, development, and continuous improvement capability across all financial administrative functions within the University.
Working within a team environment, the Systems Accountant is a client focussed role responsible for developing options for improvement and implement business process change, undertaking detailed technical analysis of financial system requirements and integration issues.
The right person for this role will have:
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to analyse and review processes and identify opportunities for efficiencies and improvements
- Knowledge of how to build, test and execute a technical change or change in business process.
- Understanding of accounting systems and processes
- Perform analysis and planning for system enhancement projects.
- Document, analyse and review existing business processes and recommend improvements
- Provide expert technical advice on the maintenance and support of the University’s Finance system applications.
- Provide technical advice regarding the integration of feeder systems into Finance systems.
To be successful in the role, your cover letter will need to demonstrate;
- Experience in the development, implementation, and maintenance of complex financial business systems.
- Experience in the integration/interfacing of financial business systems.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to investigate issues, document scenarios and test fixes.
- High level written communication skills with the ability to maintain a range of documentation.
Please identify a recent system implementation or change in process you have worked on as an example and include the tools and methods you used in your response.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 7 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $114,674 comprising base salary within the range of $89,171 to $98,012 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities, and experience. You do not need to separately address the success criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Tracy Rowell, Manager, Financial Business Systems, Tracy.Rowell@utas.edu.au or (03) 6226 7506.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Sunday, 29 May 2022, 11.55pm
Position Description - Systems Analyst.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend