Cyber Security Analyst - Operations
Job no: 496584
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information Technology
Cyber Security Analyst - Operations
- Fixed term, full time position until November 2024.
- Based in Launceston.
- Be responsible for influencing the management of information risks across the organisation.
Identify, analyse and influence the management of information risks across the University of Tasmania
- Collaborative team environment
- Brand new state of the art working spaces
- Contribute to change and transformation
Information Technology Services (ITS) is an essential part of teaching, learning, research and administrative activities.
The role includes the development and implementation of procedures and standards around a Cyber Security Framework, ongoing compliance assessment against the framework, and communication on ICT security matters to University members and ICT operational support staff.
- Manage enterprise vulnerability assessments, analyse data from threat and vulnerability feeds and analyse data for applicability to the organisation.
- Manage the incident response process and design and implement mitigation strategies.
- Champion the ICT Security agenda influencing positive outcomes in the use of ICT.
- Work collaboratively with other ICT Services teams and stakeholders across the University to effectively manage ICT Security compliance and ICT Security investigations.
- Develop and maintain effective reporting and communication methods to University Governance groups.
- Lead and contribute to compliance reviews across ICT infrastructure, business systems and business practices.
- Liaise with ICT security experts from external organisations and groups to ensure comprehensive and expert knowledge on ICT security issues and trends is maintained.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Experience in ICT security compliance and risk management including the ability to lead, investigate and report on ICT security threats, incidents and breaches.
- Technical expertise in system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Technical expertise in system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, network and web-related protocols.
- Work collaboratively with other University members including IT Services, Key Stakeholders, students and external bodies to troubleshoot and resolve security issues and investigations.
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills and the ability to apply these skills independently and as part of a team.
- Tertiary qualifications in ICT or ICT security industry certifications or extensive relevant experience in ICT security.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 7 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $114,674 comprising base salary within the range of $89,171 to $98,012 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address the selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Peter Groenewoud, Associate Director Cyber Security, Peter.Groenewoud@utas.edu.au or (03) 6226 6361.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Position Description - Cyber Security Analyst - Operations .pdf
Applications close Thursday, 9 December 2021, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend