Senior Immunisation Advisor
Job no: 495365
Work type: Part time
Categories: Administration, Student Services
Senior Immunisation Advisor
- Ongoing, part-time (0.5 FTE)
- Based in Sydney, Rozelle Campus
- Play a key role in student’s experience of a high-quality Professional Experience Placement
Within the College, the School of Health Sciences and the School of Medicine are large multi-campus schools specialising in Nursing, Midwifery, Allied Health Sciences, Medical Laboratory Science, Rural Health, Pharmacy, Psychology, Medicine and Paramedicine.
This position contributes to the delivery of the College’s strategic and operational plans, playing a key role in students’ experience of a high-quality Professional Experience Placement.
- Provide expert guidance to staff and students to ensure that relevant students comply with pre-placement legislated vaccination requirements in line with established University of Tasmania, NSW Health and other jurisdictional policy and procedures.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the Australian Immunisation Handbook guidelines (online edition), state-based health policy and public health alerts impacting placements, and provide prompt and accurate notification to staff, students and partners of any potential risks to student placements.
- Review and provide expert advice on vaccination records pertaining to all students who undertake PEP locally, nationally and internationally.
- Maintain student vaccination compliance data within the University’s placement management system - InPlace and partner systems, to ensure students are safe to enter the practice environment and have met established University of Tasmania and healthcare partner policy and procedures.
- In collaboration with College staff, implement and review partner and university procedural guidelines and communications related to infectious diseases and vaccination, to ensure contemporary information is provided to students in a timely manner.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Evidence of a Bachelor’s Degree, an Immunisation for Registered Nurses course (current authorised nurse immuniser) and extensive relevant experience.
- Evidence of current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Initiative and ability to work independently and autonomously.
- High-level administration and organisational skills, ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- High level oral, written and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution and a proven capacity to build productive relationships with staff and students.
- Experience with policy development and implementation, including the ongoing review of administrative systems, processes and procedure to ensure provision of quality outcomes.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 7 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $112,425 comprising base salary within the range of $87,423 to $96,090 plus 17% superannuation (pro-rata).
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
- For further information about this position please contact Mike Plakalovic, Manager, Professional Experience Placement Safety in Practice, Mike.Plakalovic@utas.edu.au / (03) 63245007.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Wednesday, 20 January 2021, 5.00pm
Position Description - Senior Immunisation Advisor.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend