Lecturer in Creative Curriculum & Theatre
Job no: 495192
Work type: Full time
Categories: Academic - Teaching & Research
Lecturer in Creative Curriculum & Theatre and Performance
- Full time / ongoing position
- Based in Hobart, Hunter Street Campus
- Contribute to the successful supervision of research higher degree students.
The University of Tasmania’s vibrant creative community brings together students, staff, researchers, and industry across Fine Arts, Design, Media, Music, and Theatre and Performance. The University of Tasmania is seeking to appoint a Lecturer in Creative Curriculum and Theatre within the School of Creative Arts and Media which is a part of the College Arts, Law and Education.
Lecturer in Creative Curriculum & Theatre and Performance will focus on driving and delivering the cross disciplinary Creative Curriculum suite of Units that are compulsory in all new Creative Arts and Media Bachelor courses. The position will also contribute to delivery of the growing Theatre and Performance discipline in Hobart. This role will collaborate with the Director Creative Curriculum and the Head of Theatre and Performance as the School of Creative Arts and Media expands its offerings in the South.
- Contribute to the University strategic objectives and operational responsibilities.
- Undertake high-quality research of national and international standing and publish research findings.
- Secure external competitive and other funding for the University.
- Work collaboratively in a team to contribute to University agendas
- Undertake scholarly and practice-based teaching to a high quality.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Evidence of individual initiative in conducting and planning research.
- Quality publications and/or creative outcomes, presentations at conferences and preferably success in securing external competitive and other funding.
- Experience in University-level teaching and learning in theatre and performance practice and production.
- Experience in blended learning and curriculum development.
- A successful record of contributing to building and maintaining effective and productive links locally and nationally with the discipline.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $133,842 comprising base salary within the range of $98,537 to $114,395 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your CV, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria
- For further information about this position, please contact Dr Jane Woollard, Jane.Woollard@utas.edu.au
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Monday, 1 February 2021, 11.55pm AEST
Position Description- Lecturer in Creative Curriculum Theatre.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend