Teaching /Senior Teaching Fellow
Job no: 495140
Work type: Part time
Location: Hobart, Launceston, Burnie
Categories: Academic - Teaching Focus
Teaching/Senior Teaching Fellow
- Temporary, part time (up to 0.7FTE) parental leave position
- Based in Launceston, Burnie or Hobart
- Applied Design focus
The University College offers arrange of contemporary and flexible programs which cater for students who wish to study in different ways and become work ready upon graduation.
The purpose of the position is to design and deliver units, and course coordinate the Associate Degree Applied Design (and nested Undergraduate Certificate in Applied Design and the Diploma of Applied Design).
Teaching Fellows are teaching focussed academics not normally engaged in disciplinary research, however all curriculum must be designed with the inclusion of current research focus. The incumbent will be required to contribute to University College led learning and teaching initiatives.
- Coordination of the Associate Degree Applied Design (and nested Undergraduate Certificate, and Diploma).
- Unit development and teaching within a teaching team approach and University College’s practice-based pedagogy.
- Leading the Applied Design academic teaching team.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with internal colleagues and Colleges to support ongoing success.
Appointment to this role at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $125,263 comprising base salary within the range of $98,537 to $114,395 plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata).
Appointment to this role at Academic Level C and will have a total remuneration package of up to $147,915 comprising base salary within the range of $118,946 to $135,082 plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata).
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your CV and 1-2-page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, skills, capabilities and experience. You do not need to separately address each of the selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Associate Professor Andrea Carr, Deputy Principal at A.R.Carr@utas.edu.au or 6226 1584.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Thursday, 21 January 2021, 11.55pm
Position Description - Teaching Fellow.pdf
Position Description - Senior Teaching Fellow .pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfill the requirements of this role.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend